Auto music/video play screensaver
for those of us who never turn off their xboxes (mine's on screensaver mode all the time because i never remember to turn it off), it would be real nice if it started to play music off a random playlist or a random [music] video off launch.com or a share or something. the idea is - the box should never site idle :d this would tie in great with screensavers that go from the vis 'cause then it would have music to go with.

for those who are squeamish, the volume could fade in instead of just start. a definable value of how long and how loud, etc. having sound on your screensaver would be a good hint that "hey, dude, your xbox is still on!" or the music video playing on the main menu looks sweet, anyway...

is there anyone who can take on this project? i mean, the screen saver would just have to play something, it doesn't even have to stop the thing when you touch it, since you could just easily hit b and stop it when you're ready to get back to the boxen. i heard that it's a problem with threads that don't let you do that or something.
a python screensaver would take care of this. and anything else you could dream up
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

a python screensaver?

any links on the screensaver api (for python, i guess), and how to integrate into xbmc? or, in other words, is there a link to "xbmc screensaver programming with python for dummies"? :d i'd be glad to take a crack at it.
actually, this:

hxxp://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?act=st;f=5;t=8165

was what i was talking about. no hot-link 'cause i don't know the rules for that around here. umm... the sourceforge links show that this is a dead project. i'm just trying to spark something up. music would be nice, though, 'cause my box just doesn't shut down. launch.com would be better...

as far as i know, there's nothing that allows xbmc to run a python script on idle. please point me at resources if i'm wrong.
you are correct.

the point was: if someone creates a screensaver that can launches a .py you could do just about anything..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto music/video play screensaver0