AppleTV2 4.1 Confusion
Hi there,

Been searching through the forums, but I can't seem to find the exact steps to take. I have an AppleTV2 with OS build version 4.1 that I wish to jailbreak and run xbmc on. I've found posts on the forum to jailbreak/install xbmc on OS build 5.0 and 4.4, however I read here that 4.3 or earlier were the best versions to stay on.

So I can't seem to find a way to jailbreak 4.1 (or if possible upgrade just to 4.3 and jailbreak/install xbmc)
I am concerned about accidentally upgrading my AppleTV and losing the opportunity of getting the full benefits of running xbmc on 4.3
Hoping someone could atleast point me in the right direction.

I am running a Mac but I have access to a Windows computer if I have to use iFaith. (but prefer to use my mac)

Thank you
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125412
Thank you Ned I saw that post but it suggests to me it will update me to 4.4 instead of 4.3. I was hoping to stay on 4.3 or earlier to maximize use of xbmc
Still not having much luck, does anyone know if there is a big loss in performance by just upgrading to the latest OS build? Or is the performance received on 4.3 worth this search?
No, those instructions will keep you on the version of iOS you currently have, hence the "or less" parts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV2 4.1 Confusion0