Tired of my under powered ATV2
Ok, I am tired of my ATV2 being slow and unable to run a majority of skins so I am hoping to find a suitable replacement.
Wishlist includes something that is :
fan less
Runs Openelec (for a quick boot)
Can be shut off and on with remote
720p , 1080p would be nice but not necessary
Can run heavy skins
...any ideas appreciated

Why do you want to shut off your PC?

Mine uses 5w when asleep. I can't remember the last time I shut it off.
thought perhaps it would be a large power draw, obviously not, ok, I can do without shutting down.
The great thing about Sleep mode (in Windows,..don't know how OpenElec handles it) is that it's essentially Instant Off,..and Instant on.
It's actually better than full power off/on in that respect.

Plus,..my remote and keyboard handle this perfectly. One button push to power off,...and a key press turns on.
Glad I asked for some opinions, great advice, I was going to go with Openelec because I figured I would require a power off, but now I see the light. so likely looking at Zotac or something that requires no fan and has remote capabilties....yes?
(2012-09-06, 15:26)homerjs Wrote: Glad I asked for some opinions, great advice, I was going to go with Openelec because I figured I would require a power off, but now I see the light. so likely looking at Zotac or something that requires no fan and has remote capabilties....yes?

If you're looking for pre-built, I'd recommend looking into the Acer Revo RL70-UR10P. A lot of people here have bought and love this device. It comes with Windows 7 pre-installed and a remote. But that's only one suggestion.
looks good, however I don't need on OS or Harddrive, can save a few bucks that way. Is it fan less? or very silent?

Appreciate the suggestion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tired of my under powered ATV20