New IvyBridge XBMC build, Intel mobo question.
Core Gear:
i3-3225 (HD4000)
Intel DQ77KB
Samsung 30nm 1.35v DDR3-1600 (2x4GB)

My question is about this particular board..I've read mixed information on whether or not the motherboard plays a role on my ability to have HDCP. No HDCP would ofcourse mean i could not attach a BD-ROM and use a software player(such as TMT5 / PDVD). All my content will be streamed off NAS but I dont want to limit my options on this new build. any input?
I fairy sure that HDCP is based on the chip not the board. But why Intel Motherboard? They are known for being overpriced and limited in features.
with this board you cant connect any standard psu´s just external 19v ac/dc.
main reason :it was this particular board because i wanted/need a very small form factor and quiet front end xbmc box in the living room. with all storage in a file server in the closet elsewhere i just need something with enough juice to decode all my mkvs, bluray isos , 3d bluray isos, etc, stored on that nas.

other reasons:
this is the only thin mini-itx form factor board available at the moment. along with the Lian-Li PC-Q05 case that matches this board size perfectly. together other similar builds have been able to make something real small, powerful(ivy bridge based), quiet, and low power.board has built in mSATA slot i can use for boot drive. no need for full size 2.5" ssd/hdd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New IvyBridge XBMC build, Intel mobo question.0