Record a Playing Stream?
What would be the best way to record a playing stream inside of XBMC? Someone recommended using RTMPDump, but as I would like to enable recording while also displaying the stream, I am not sure that this would be the way to go. Is there anything built-in that would offer better control?
XBMC can play files before they're finished downloading. Start downloading the files, then pass the path to XBMC to be played. The major drawback is that if you seek past the point of what has already been downloaded, XBMC will think it's the end of the file and stop playback.

To get around this, you'd need to create a proxy object to intercept the seek attempt if it's too far out and wait. Haven't seen it done yet, but it should work
Sorry for the late reply on this, I kept working on it and forgot I posted, but thank you for the response. Before I write an external program to use for parsing/dumping the stream to a file, does XBMC have any features to record streams that I can use in conjunction with the playback, or am I going to have to use an external application?
Only what's available in python

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record a Playing Stream?0