is it me or does it looks like XBMC
Some new product in the Netherlands. Gui developer really had taken a good look at XBMC

http://www.upc.nl/horizon/#intcmp=promo1_horizon
(2012-09-07, 12:55)fanaticffwd Wrote: Some new product in the Netherlands. Gui developer really had taken a good look at XBMC

http://www.upc.nl/horizon/#intcmp=promo1_horizon

Looks a bit like it yes.
To bad it doesn't actually run XBMC
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That will be my new tvbox once upc introduces the new product in switzerland! Finally! Smile
Kudos to those who made that video. That's how you sell a product!
I agree... it's a very effective video. I can't read Dutch but I got the gist of what their product does. But how come the captions at the end are in English? Wink
(2012-09-07, 20:27)artrafael Wrote: I agree... it's a very effective video. I can't read Dutch but I got the gist of what their product does. But how come the captions at the end are in English? Wink

Basicly a video on demand service hosted by large cable company in the Netherlands
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
And by the way: This looks like a nice concept...like the capabilities of XBMC in one year Big Grin

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Looks good. I have my doubts it will work that well.
(2012-09-08, 10:11)T800 Wrote: Looks good. I have my doubts it will work that well.

Yeah pretty much my feeling, looks almost too good.

UPC are active in several EU countries as a cable TV provider and their current Cisco, Sagem, Philips boxes are pretty ancient. This Samsung based one at least looks modern, you can see a current high end Samsung STB here and it looks like it could do the job but the UPC one is on another level.

On a side note it's nice to see UPC using HTML5 video instead of Flash on their site, maybe that's a positive sign and some forward looking folks are now in charge at UPC.

It's pity a cable provider doesn't integrated XBMC into the box, may help slow the cord cutters.
I have 1 at home, its an nice peace of hardware/software, atom 1Ghz with integrated gpu that can handle simultain 2HD streams it have 6 tuners for recording, watching and very fast channel switching, 1GB ram 500GB hdd with 100GB personal storage and 400GB for recordings, it have also a buildin docsis2/docsis3/eurodocsis3 modem with voip(2x voip, and a build in router with 4 gbit pots with simultain 2.4 and 5Ghz router(own hardware soc)

Ps, whene the upnp server from horizon is used it is pointed to xbmc....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is it me or does it looks like XBMC1