Win Problem with playback stuttering every couple of minutes
I am running XBMC Eden on an Acer Revo 3610 on Windows 7. Output is via HDMI to a Yamaha 7.1-ch receiver and from there to a plasma TV. Skin is PM3.HD.

I am streaming SD videos stored on an external drive on another PC over a wired network.

The system has been working fine for several months. A few days ago I noticed that when I'm watching 4:3 TV series (ripped to mkv), every two or three minutes the system stutters momentarily, skips back a couple of seconds, then carries on playing back. Previously these 4:3 videos played fine. I have gone back to previously watched videos and the problem is there too.

So far, I have not noticed this with movies (also ripped to mkv) in other aspect ratios, only with 4:3.

They play fine on the Revo using VLC.

I have tried all the options I can think of in the video settings but nothing seems to help. I even completely uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC. I have tested the LAN speed and the Revo is reading from the TV Shows directory at 88.6Mbps

I enabled logging and waited until one of these stutters. The log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8061. It seems to be full of errors!

The stutter occurred at around 13:15 to13:16.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this. The files play fine on another XBMC installation (on a laptop running Win7 over wifi)

Anybody?
Can anyone help me with this please? It's driving me nuts.
I have an Acer Revo 3700 and I had problems at one point with my movies constantly buffering and even closing out back to the library. I use XBMC in linux though but I found out my problem was with my Samba shares being setup wrong so maybe you can just double check that your permissions are right. I know it's not the same exact problem you are describing but since no one answered you I thought I'd try and give you something to check, you never know that could be the problem. Here's how my Samba file is set up, this is not the whole file just the part about the shares.

[xbmc]
path = /home/xbmc
public = yes
guest only = yes
writable = yes
browseable = yes
force user = jeff
inherit permissions = yes

[media]
path = /media
public = yes
guest only = yes