Advice on filtering album view requested
Hi

I am after some advice on how to filter the album view in XBMC (permanently, as opposed to each time I load XBMC)

I have several thousand songs that I have amassed over the years. these are stored in itunes where i do all my tags etc, and an export runs which xbmc opens when it loads. xbmc i believe then scans these for updates, so any new songs that appear in the playlists are added to my library.

I have both Albums and Singles, and also use the Constellation remote app.

The issue I have is that the Constellation album view is huge as its listing not only genuine albums, but also singles where they have an album title stored against them. This makes it hard to scan through 'genuine' albums. I would prefer not to see the singles listed in this view in Constellation, and therefore I assume, its in XBMC that I need to 'hide' them.

Has anyone else come across this same situation, and has come up with a clever way around it. I'd prefer not to have to strip the singles 'album' tag, and also dont really want to delete non album songs.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Jim

(if it affects the reply in anyway, I am running itunes on an old windows laptop, xbmc is running on a ubuntu htpc, and i use Constellation on the iPad)

afaik stripping the album tag is your only option.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on filtering album view requested0