Win Movie files not tagged as movies
I've just installed MySQL and XBMC 11 (Aeon Nox skin) on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. Everything seems to be working fine, but something seems wrong when adding a Video source. I create a new video source (called MOVIE with the path //NAS/Movies/Action/). I select that the directory contains Movies and to run an automated scan. I select The MovieDB as scraper, and click OK. I can see all files, but the library hasn't been updated. No files are tagged as movies (I assume based on the fact that the menu alternative Movies isn't available) and no information has been downloaded. When looking in the tables in MySQL, only the path table contains data.

When looking at the debug log, it seems that it only tries to handle the first file, but it crashes (if I'm reading this correctly). I don't get any error messages in XBMC.

18:42:33 T:1112 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir '//NAS/Movies/Action/' as not in the database
18:42:33 T:1112 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for '\\NAS\Movies\Action\10 000 BC (2008)(720p).avi'
18:42:33 T:1112 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for '10 000 BC' using The MovieDB scraper (path: 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.4.0')
18:42:33 T:1112 DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;query=10%20000%20bc&amp;year=2008&amp;language=en</url>
18:42:33 T:1112 DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0F50EEC0) http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie...anguage=en
18:42:33 T:1112 INFO: XCURL:Big GrinllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://api.themoviedb.org
18:42:33 T:5088 INFO: Scriptresult: Success
18:42:33 T:5088 INFO: Python script stopped
18:42:33 T:5088 DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 5088 terminating
18:42:33 T:4664 DEBUG: waiting for python thread 1 to stop
18:42:33 T:4664 DEBUG: python thread 1 destructed

I just can't figure out what's wrong, so if anybody has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

[edit: added debug log]
did you set recursive scan on?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Yep, Scan recursively is enabled.
ok, then other things I would affirm. Did it work pre MySQL or regardless does it scan to a local library and thus is it a mySQL problem?
Does any other scanning work?, an alternative scraper?
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
It didn't work with another scraper either (IMDB). I haven't tried it before MySQL. I'll try it now.
If it doesn't mess too many other things up, try renaming your main folder to something other than "Movies" and your source to something other than "Movie". I had a weird scraping issue that seemed to be a result of my folder having the same name as a type of files (i.e. Movies, TV, etc.). It may not be related but it is easy to test.
It does work without MySQL, so it probably is a MySQL problem or a advancedsettings related problem.
I tried to downgrade MySQL to version 5.1, but it didn't help. I also tried to change IP in advancedsettings.xml to 127.0.0.1 (since the current XBMC instance is on the same machine as the MySQL server), but it didn't help. When looking at the debug log, it seems something's wrong with the inserts into the db. I will have to examine this further.

19:57:50 T:2860 DEBUG: Mysql execute: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'\\\\NAS\\Movies\\Action\\','','')
19:57:50 T:2860 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'\\\\NAS\\Movies\\Action\\','','')
19:57:50 T:2860 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'\\\\NAS\\Movies\\Action\\','',''))
19:57:50 T:2860 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to movies:\\NAS\Movies\Action\10 000 BC (2008)(720p).avi
19:57:50 T:2860 DEBUG: Mysql Start transaction
19:57:50 T:2860 DEBUG: Mysql execute: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'\\\\NAS\\Movies\\Action\\','','')
19:57:50 T:2860 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'\\\\NAS\\Movies\\Action\\','','')
19:57:50 T:2860 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'\\\\NAS\\Movies\\Action\\','',''))
19:57:50 T:2860 DEBUG: Mysql commit transaction
19:57:50 T:2860 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir //NAS/Movies/Action/
19:57:50 T:2860 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:07
19:57:50 T:2860 INFO: Video scan was stopped or finished ... restoring FindRemoteThumbs
or user permission, dns setting in mysql config or using DNS vs IP in advancedsettings.xml as related to mySQL setup.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...ab=Windows
or ?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123266
It seems as if XBMC is trying to add the source path to the path table although it already exists. Even if I delete the records from the table and start XBMC again, it still occurs...
It can't be that XBMC can't access MySQL, as it inserts data into MySQL when adding a video source. The problem seems to be that it can't read (?!) the data. Something is really weird.
It seems that when I add the source //NAS/Movies/Action, XBMC correctly adds it to MySQL, but it also adds another record with \\NAS\Movies\Action. And when trying to update the library it reads the record //NAS/Movies/Action but then tries to add record \\NAS\Movies\Action again - which already exists.

I've tried reinstalling XBMC and deleting the entire XBMC directory, but the same problem happens again. So I'm giving up for the night...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie files not tagged as movies0