USB TV-Turner adapters to Xbox/XBMC?
don't hold your breath, ....you'll die! :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
if you really appreciated the work the xbmc team has done for you you wouldn't ask them to take on sucha headache for such low quality video. are you kidding me? usb 1.1? pci ports barely handle the bandwidth for encoding quality video. and the xbox could never dream of handling it even if it had pci ports, everything about the box is too slow, it's made for running games and solely that purpose, xbmc has brought it so far, but they aren't miracle workers, you want pvc buy a tivo and crack it to stream to your box.
die hard xbmc and xenium user.

is there any chance that xbmp will support usb tv capture devices, like the pinnicle usb pctv deluxe (rewired to xbox controller end) so you could have a feature like tivo built into xbmp?

thanks,
          john b.

email at [email="islanderfan2000@Juno.com"]islanderfan2000@Juno.com[/email]
Lightbulb 
i am having a new ideia, maybe it work. and about put a computer like a server that send the stream to the xbox. and the xbox send the command to the computer to record, change a channel or view a recorded movie.

we should use 2 softwares. 1 for the computer (server) and another for the xbox (cliente).

it is only a ideia.... Rolleyes
(gasparo @ july 21 2004,13:41 Wrote:a computer like a server that send the stream to the xbox. and the xbox send the command to the computer to record, change a channel or view a recorded movie.
sorry but your post is off-topic for this specific thread which is only for "usb tv-turners". believe there's already a other thread for your idea.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
wouldn't be great to view or record digital live tv on the xbox?
i know the hd is a bit limited but still good enough for a few hours then transfer the mpeg 2 to your pc and burn it on a dvd.

there is already usb adaptors for the xbox and usb dvb devices like the hauppauge dec2000-t or nova usb.

i think this would be a great idea.

hauppauge do have sdk for developers too. and the dec2000-t works on linux too.

what do you think? this is the alternative to not having a pci slot on the xbox for a tv card. and much better than to rely on a stream from a pc.
Thumbs Down 
(slickdesign @ oct. 08 2004,21:06 Wrote:wouldn't be great to view or record digital live tv on the xbox?
there is already usb adaptors for the xbox and usb dvb devices like the hauppauge dec2000-t or nova usb.
if you just made an effort in searching (a forum rule!) or even just read our faq you would have found the answer right away.
i'm so sick of people creating new forums topics just to ask this question before looking so i'm going to you an official warning!
this is only the second warning we ever given to someone for not following the forum rules, not reading the faq or searched.
ps! i'm now merging your post into the exready existing thread about this feature (which is impossible to miss if you searched).
<sarcasm>
this is the best idea i've ever read! i've never seen such a great idea here before.
</sarcasm>
hi

i was wondering if it would be possible to add support for usb tv/fm adaptors, and in that way make the xbox into a hd-recorder ? :-)

would be a cool feature to add...!
please do a search before posting.. shy.. :hmm:
how can you honestly believe that you're the first person who ever thought/asked about it :bomb:
hello!

first at all:
maybe sorry for my bad english Wink

my idea was to connect to the xbox the usb nova-s card, and include in the xbmc a pvr system.
theoretical no problem, and working under linux on the xbox
(i heard about a working vdr (pvr programm for linux) in combination with the gentoox)

here ist the datasheet to the hauppauge/technotrend nova-s usb card:
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/...asusb.html (it seems
that the englisch datasheet is outdated, because in the german there is the note
of the usb 1.1 port - take a look here http://213.221.87.83/pages/products/data...s-usb.html,
please take a look at the "freature" part.)

opensource drivers for this card's are available, but only under linux (http://www.linuxtv.org).

the xbmc project is very fine, but this freature is really missing.
and it would be fine, to use this card under xbmc,
but it's maybe a litte bit tricky to add this freature in the xbmc.

the problem is that i'm not able to programm.
but it could be a real help to look at the vdr's source, and the source of the nova-s usb driver, in the linux kernel/drivers.

i hope that there are more interessts in that freature Smile

mfg z421 :joker:
Thumbs Up 
:fixed:

here is the sourcecode for wintv-pvr usb drivers for linux
http://pvrusb.sourceforge.net/

tia jb :kickass:
Sad 
(jb_here @ nov. 25 2004,05:47 Wrote:here is the sourcecode for wintv-pvr usb drivers for linux  http://pvrusb.sourceforge.net/
suggest you actually read all the posts in this thread from the beginning, been linked before. (xbmc is not linux nor running on linux!Wink
without any idea how it would be done, but how unrealistic is it to wish for support for a (specific) usb-videocapture unit? say, if there was a manufacturer who open sources his drivers?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB TV-Turner adapters to Xbox/XBMC?0