AMD A8-3870 Combo at Fry's
Looking to build my first HTPC.

Came across this in the Fry's ads.

http://www.frys.com/product/7302214?site...ate:090712

Any thoughts? I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that I fall into class #6.

Figured all I'd need would be a case and PSU. Probably right around $300 after all said and done, which isn't so bad.

How's the 3870k vs 3850, etc?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Quote:Corsair *Refurbished* 60GB Force Series Solid State Drive
How does one refurbish an SSD? I'm not sure I would trust the reliability of something like this.
(2012-09-07, 21:32)artrafael Wrote:
Quote:Corsair *Refurbished* 60GB Force Series Solid State Drive
How does one refurbish an SSD? I'm not sure I would trust the reliability of something like this.

Was wondering the same thing... possibly returns, which are then re-tested?
(2012-09-07, 21:23)UBo32 Wrote: Looking to build my first HTPC.

Came across this in the Fry's ads.

http://www.frys.com/product/7302214?site...ate:090712

Any thoughts? I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that I fall into class #6.

Figured all I'd need would be a case and PSU. Probably right around $300 after all said and done, which isn't so bad.

How's the 3870k vs 3850, etc?
That is a good deal.....there is no different between A8-3870K and A8-3850 other than A8-3870K got slight boost.....for regular HTPC usage, there shouldn't be any different....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
"Caveat emptor" is a term that applies to Fry's Electronics. Their physical stores are geek paradises, but some of their business practices are a bit suspect (e.g., repackaging some returned items as "new" and with parts missing). Do a Google search.

I've bought some good stuff at good prices from them before (at the stores, never on-line), but just be aware and check out your purchases immediately to be sure everything is there and in good working order.
That refurbished drive definitely has me reconsidering. I can probably put a system together for a bit less, seeing as though I really don't need that 1TB internal drive.

Thank you for the input.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD A8-3870 Combo at Fry's0