Can't manually change poster for movie
I'm unsure if this is specifically related to my Aeon Nox skin, but I'm having a lot of trouble changing movie posters.

Basically XBMC picks its own poster, sometimes these are very wrong.

In the past I've just gone to movie information then get artwork and selected a new poster which gets applied automatically.

This doesn't seem to be working most of the time though.

For TV Shows I've just manually changed or added a poster.jpg into the folder, however because my movies are all in the same folder this isn't possible.

I'm aware of the location of artwork for XBMC, but since XBMC gives each file a random number I can only replace a file I can't force artwork if it didn't exist originally.

Any ideas?
Make sure to check the "use poster.jpg for poster viewtypes" option in viewtype settings.

You can also forgo that and save a manually downloaded movie poster as <movie>.tbn, overwriting an existing .tbn file if it exists.

EDIT - and it's preferable to have movies organized into separate folders so that the artwork can be stored with its associated movie.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks for that thrak76

The "use poster.jpg for poster viewtypes" only appears in the TV Show section of viewtypes.

So I guess if this can't be fixed I either need to do the .tbn method you suggested or figure out an easy way to have folders for all my movies as creating them manually would take a very long time.

Does anyone have any more suggestions?
Doesnt "Get thumb" work? That is the default and preferred method for movies as the thumbnail cache is instantly updated.
(2012-09-08, 14:35)Big_Noid Wrote: Doesnt "Get thumb" work? That is the default and preferred method for movies as the thumbnail cache is instantly updated.

Good point, I didn't know I should be doing that.

So now I guess the process is to go to get artwork, download the poster.jpg, then go to get thumb and browse for it in my movie folder.

Does seem like I should put my movies in folders though.

Thanks for your help!
Movies dont work with poster.jpg unless you tell it to in advanced settings. Folder.jpg overwrites all scraper thumb upon rescrape. Imo theres no need for external poster support for movies. The scrapers all provide excellent thumbs for you to choose in get thumbs dialog.
(2012-09-08, 15:18)Big_Noid Wrote: Movies dont work with poster.jpg unless you tell it to in advanced settings. Folder.jpg overwrites all scraper thumb upon rescrape. Imo theres no need for external poster support for movies. The scrapers all provide excellent thumbs for you to choose in get thumbs dialog.

When I go to "get thumbs" I don't get any choices though, i have to select it from my hard drive.

In the "get artwork" I I can select posters though.
Check your scraper settings and refresh the movie.
(2012-09-08, 14:16)samfisher5986 Wrote: So I guess if this can't be fixed I either need to do the .tbn method you suggested or figure out an easy way to have folders for all my movies as creating them manually would take a very long time.

I believe that theRenamer can automate the folder creation process for you. Ember Media Manager can also sort into folders.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't manually change poster for movie0