Danish translation regarding browse and search
I have a problem with the Danish translation of browse (id 1024) and search (id 137), where both are translated to "Søg".
A real world scenario is Quartz (a skin) which has submenus where you can "Browse" and "Search", which is translated in Danish to, you can "Søg" and "Søg".
Imo, browse should be translated to something like "Gennemse" or something like that.

Well, the above is just a intro to the real problem. If I want to change "browse" from "søg" to "Gennemse" (of a better word), how do I do that? I know I can make an account to Frodo and try to submit my changes, but the problem is, "Browse" and "Search" has been used in XBMC for a long time, so why hasn't it changed. Is there a Danish coordinator, a Danish translation Team, or similar where I can get their opinions, about a new translation of "Browse". It will not only affect id 1024, but also stuff like "Browse for image folder" (id 1031), "Browse for file" (id 1033).

In short, I am looking for an answer if it is a good idea or not to translate an old used word like "Browse" (and maybe why it has not been changed before). I want to minimize getting a horde of angry Danes after me, because they loved the word "søg" when they are browsing and searching in XBMC.
Hi !

Thanks for the notice. Here is the XBMC Danish translation group: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/XBM...nguage/da/

You can check with them, joining the group, or just send them an email.

Thanks,

Cheer,

Attila
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I created an user at transifex and I am trying to join the Danish translation team - So let us see what happens.
Thanks for the quick reply Smile
I have no idea how to help but if you need help with Danish translation then I will gladly help. Danish is my native language and my English isnt bad either...or so I think Smile

So if I can help in any way with my Danish skills then let me know Smile
Hi!

Thanks for the offer.
You can always help out as a translator or reviewer on XBMC's Transifex translation project.
Just join the Danish team updthere. Here is how to do it:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141158

Thanks,
Cheers, Attila
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Danish translation regarding browse and search0