Seperating Movies into groups?
I have spent pretty much the better part of last night and this morning setting up Aeon Nox 3.5 on my Media Centers (great to finally be able to use it since mouse support was added). I absolutely love the massive amount of options and control, but have encountered one glaring issue.

When "Movies" is clicked, it displays movies from not only my "HD Movies" folder, but also my "3D Movies" folder. Before I added "3D Movies" as a video source, it was fine. I decided to go ahead and add 3D Movies as a source as well, but use a Sub-Menu of Movies to access it, but the fact it has now grouped them all together is causing issues. How can I force the Movies tab as a whole to go directly to my "HD Movies" source, and only use a Sub-Menu to access the 3D Movies source?
(2012-09-08, 17:48)CrimsonGT Wrote: I have spent pretty much the better part of last night and this morning setting up Aeon Nox 3.5 on my Media Centers (great to finally be able to use it since mouse support was added). I absolutely love the massive amount of options and control, but have encountered one glaring issue.

When "Movies" is clicked, it displays movies from not only my "HD Movies" folder, but also my "3D Movies" folder. Before I added "3D Movies" as a video source, it was fine. I decided to go ahead and add 3D Movies as a source as well, but use a Sub-Menu of Movies to access it, but the fact it has now grouped them all together is causing issues. How can I force the Movies tab as a whole to go directly to my "HD Movies" source, and only use a Sub-Menu to access the 3D Movies source?

Try video playlist with the folder source and that should work for you.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
I may have misunderstood but, the method you mentioned is for setting the Sub-Menu links correct? My sub-menus work fine for going to the relevant directories, but when clicking "Movies" it pulls from both sources, and I am trying to make it only pull from one, which is my main movies directory. Thank you.
edit the movies section to point to just the main movies directory via a custom playlist - I do this as I dont want to see any documentaries or stand up on my main movies list.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2012-09-09, 06:42)CrimsonGT Wrote: I may have misunderstood but, the method you mentioned is for setting the Sub-Menu links correct? My sub-menus work fine for going to the relevant directories, but when clicking "Movies" it pulls from both sources, and I am trying to make it only pull from one, which is my main movies directory. Thank you.

The default Movie library is always a consolidated collection of content from all sources that you've added. You can either create a smart playlist as already mentioned, add the 3D movies source as a favourite or perhaps look at the filter option (available in Frodo Alphas releases, not sure about Eden) to modify what content is displayed. Frodo also has a neat new feature called Tags which allows you to create collections of movies that you can then add to the main menu, similar to Movie Sets but with much greater flexibility. Either way smart playlists, favourites, filtering and tags achieve the same result

But as far as I can tell, using playlist ot favorites or filtering removes the creation of movie sets (or collections). In other words, your Star Wars collection would show as individual movies and not aggregated under a set.
Just use the good setting Wink

System > Settings > Videos > Library > Group movies in sets
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seperating Movies into groups?0