Linux XBMCBuntu Remote Wakeup
That does not work in my case. The solution with the UDEV Rule i posted a few postings before did.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2012-10-24, 09:55)Devaron Wrote: Hi there. I've had a LOT of problems getting my remote to work correctly, and have tried many different solutions. In the end the following worked for me:

(BTW sorry for my english. It's not my first language and i'm a little bit in a hurry... Big Grin )

To show you all connected USB devices, open a terminal window and enter the following:
Code:
lsusb

Your remote reciever should be there. Write down the ID (mine is 0471:060c, so i write down 060c. Yours can be different ofc, but i'll use mine in this example).

Find out on what USB port your remote reciever is connected:
Code:
grep 060c /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/idProduct

The result looks something like: /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/idProduct:060c

Write it down. Here the "3-1" shows me on which USB port the remote reciever is connected (3 is USB hub 3, 4 is USB hub 4 etc.). Again, yours can be different, but i'll use this one in this example.

Check if wakeup is enabled on that USB port:
Code:
cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup

The result should be "enabled". If not, enable it with:
Code:
sudo sh -c 'echo "enabled" > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup'

substituting the 3-1 in this example for your USB port.

BTW. remember the two quotes ( ' ) (or whatever they're called). One just before the word 'echo' and one after the word 'wakeup'.

This setting resets after every boot so to permanently save it, open the file 'rc.local'
Code:
nano /etc/rc.local

and scroll all the way down. Add the following lines at the bottom of the file, but BEFORE the line 'exit 0':
Code:
echo USB3 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
echo enabled > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/power/wakeup

Make sure the 'USB3' is the correct USB port. If you got "4-2" this should be 'USB4' etc.

Save the file and make sure that the file rc.local is executable:
Code:
sudo chmod +x /etc/rc.local

That should be it. Reboot and see if it works.

That was the procedure for Ubuntu 10.10 and it works perfectly. BUT, if using Ubuntu 12.04 or later need method John described in earlier post.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
yep! Some people should read the postings before answering and guide other people in a wron direction... sorry but its true!
Yeah well i've read your posts john.cord. But when i updated from 10.10 to 12.04 and my wakeup didn't work, the "solution" i posted in this thread fixed it for me. So i thought there's no harm in posting this possible solution here. Just trying to help. Angel
(2012-10-25, 21:23)Devaron Wrote: Yeah well i've read your posts john.cord. But when i updated from 10.10 to 12.04 and my wakeup didn't work, the "solution" i posted in this thread fixed it for me. So i thought there's no harm in posting this possible solution here. Just trying to help. Angel

Well said. And we're all here to help each other solve the problems of our hardware not working "out of the box"Undecided

Thanks for your post. Now anyone reading this thread has two options to try to get their remotes to wake their machine.Nod

PS, just re-read your post.

Suggestion: if upgrading from 10.10 to 12.04, attempt Devaron instructions first.

If installing 12.04 fresh, IMO, attempt John Cord instructions.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Worked like a charm, thanks for this !
ynwa
(2012-10-21, 00:28)john.cord Wrote: sudo lsusb plz !!

Dude it's on the first page on the first post
Never mind mate, it turns out EHC1 and EHC2 is my usb devices and they needed too be enabled through rc.local. Just tested then and seems too work ok now, thanks for all your help tho..
Good to hear that it is working now. The UDEV Rule Solution did not work or did you just dont recognize my posting about that?
the udev rule still had no effect.... but the udev rule was still in place when i enabled both EHC1, EHC2... whether it was relevant or not, i dont know..
mind you, i had done all the solutions prior too this thread being created... it just threw me off that there was no USB0-4 etc
I'm glad you got it resolved. Smile Apparently EHC refers to EHCI (USB 2.0). I've never seen this before tho.
Then i wonder what the USB v3.0 are? considering this system has them
I think it's for USB 2.0 and up ... Big Grin
Can someone please help me, I have a Asus eee box b202 running xbmcbuntu! I've got everything working perfectly, lirc windows media centre remote! I use the remote with a Lenovo ir receiver! The porblem is When I put the computer in suspend mode there is no power to the USB, the ir receiver doesn't flash! I've enabled all the USB devices, I've played around with everything I could read about on the net! I'm stuck! Can someone please help! I'd like to wake/resume the pc on with the remote! Please help!
In suspend there should be power on all USB Ports. Did you try the UDEV Rule? --> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1203339

Whats your lsusb output?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu Remote Wakeup2