Linux "Live TV" gives me a black screen
Question 
Hey,

thank you marco for your amazing Skin!
Sadly I have a strange problem with the latest Opdenkamp Version (https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc) and Aeon MQ3:
When I go to "Live TV" all I get is a blank screen - but I can click OK and it tunes in a channel.
If I click back, then I get this nice fade-out effect and I see that there are controls, but there is just a black layer in front.

Any help please? Sad
I am having the same problem.
Guys,

XBMC Version? Eden, Frodo?
What paltform are you running on? Windows, Mac, OpenELEC?
Have you tried a different Skin that supports Live TV, do you get the same issue?

If you include as much detail as possible in your posts you are more likely to get a reply, even if it from someone saying it works fine on their identical setup....
OpenELEC xbmc-frodo-0c1f4e1 here. Their latest as of now. Works normally with the conlfuence theme.
Opdenkamp Frodo Latest from Repo (Github) and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04)
I would say to just hold on a few days for MQ4.

As Frodo updates daily at the moment it is very difficult for Marcos to update the skin for every eventuality especially as he has been working on MQ4 for a long time now.

Sorry I cannot help more as I run on Win7 and Eden for various reasons like this! lol!
I thought the same... A few days.
I am sorry but I am still having this issue even with Aeon MQ4.
Maybe it's Opdenkamp's fault? Big Grin haha
you shouldn't be using my repos anymore if you want to run frodo-pre. that's all been included in mainline xbmc now. i've just added an empty commit with a warning to make that clear.

latest stable release is still on my repos, the Eden-pvr branch
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I'm having a similar issue on Windows 7 x64 running the nightly posted this morning. It's been the same with the last 3 nightlies. In my case the Live TV menus aren't blank, bit they are very dim. I can't use Eden because my HDMI audio doesn't work with any version of Eden that includes FTR.
i have the same problem like toricred and its wery anoying problem i cant see EPG timeline from my couch Sad
It seems to be some combination of the nightly and MQ4. Using this morning's nightly and the Confluence skin the screen is fine. Using Eden and MQ4 the screen is fine. Only when using a recent nightly and MQ4 does the problem manifest for me. I started noticing this when PVR was merged into the main branch. Is this a clue?
Guys, it is impossible for any skin developer to keep up with the nightly builds. My advise is to stick to Eden if you want the full eperience without any issues. Until at least Frodo moves to beta versions but even then do not expect everything to work.

It is great to be at the cutting edge with the latest builds but this does come at a price!

Remember Confluence is part of the nightly build so it will normally not exhibit the same issues others skins may.
I understand this, but for me using Eden is a problem. I can't get a version that works with my AVR and For the Record. I was hoping that discussing it would lead to a workaround.
I am sure Marcos will sort the issue if it is actually connected to the skin. My point was that tomorrow something else may not work, it is just one of those things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Live TV" gives me a black screen0