Win my display is too big for my screen...
I just moved my htpc to the family room and connected to my Panasonic flat screen
When I started windows 7/64 up the display is larger that the screen.
I can just see the edges of the icon and task bar.
How do I make it fit my screen??
Sounds like you're using overscan. Check the overscan settings in your graphics cards control panel, or check if you have an overscan setting on your tv which you can disable.

If you have an nVidia graphics card, the overscan settings is found here: NVIDIA Control Panel / Display / Adjust desktop size and position / Size (tab)

If neither of those options work, then you can resort to using the video calibration in xbmc, which is found under Settings / System / Video
I am using the intel on-board graphics...
I can drag the icons to the middle but the task bar at the botton is just barely visible.
If I click the full screen button on the top right of the window then I lose the top bar as well
Go into the settings on the TV, select Picture and then Advanced Settings. Depending on what model of Panasonic TV you have, look for one of the following settings:

1) If you have a setting called "Overscan" or "16:9 overscan" then you should disable that.
2) If you instead have a setting called "HD Size" you should change the value to 2.

I have no experience with Intel graphics settings, so I have no idea where it keeps it's overscan settings.
I found "HD size" on my tv settings and it was set to 1.
I changed it to 2 but it didn't make any difference on the
windows home screen.
I can only see about 1/4 of the task bar.
try decreasing the horizontal and vertical scaling down to 70ish (from 100)in the intel hd graphics control panel, common problem i have found with the intel graphics chips and hdmi :-)
Thanks Stechy, that sounds like a good idea.
How do I get to the "intel graphics control panel"
Win7/64/ML03/i3_2120/ASRock H77_Pro4-m/120GB OCZ SSD/8GB_Ram/2TB_WDGreen/Lite-On BD/Iogear GKM571 keypad/Inteset CIR Remote/Marantz AVR/Panasonic Plasma
I had to reduce the H & V scaling from 100 back to 60 to get the windows screen to fit.
Will this have any adverse effects on the picture quality ??
Win7/64/ML03/i3_2120/ASRock H77_Pro4-m/120GB OCZ SSD/8GB_Ram/2TB_WDGreen/Lite-On BD/Iogear GKM571 keypad/Inteset CIR Remote/Marantz AVR/Panasonic Plasma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
my display is too big for my screen...0