Dolby 7.1 works but no DTS - SOLVED
I have an external firewire soundcard with 8 outs, 24 bit 96k, set up in windows as 7.1, all works fine in the control panel, sound going through all channels. When i play a 7.1 dolby truehd, it works fine, all 8 channels, but when using DTS HD MA i get weird results. If its 5.1, i get ch 1,2,3,4,7,8 but no 5,6, effectively its 5.1 not 7.1. I have analogue set in the settings
It seems that its just using the dts core, which is 5.1, and then sending the surround to ch 7,8 because i have selected 7.1 setup, if i change it to 5.1, i get the exact same audio ch 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Soo, the question is, will XBMC ever be able to decode DTS HD MA 7.1 and send the full quality audio to an analogue sound card like Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre can.

I love XBMC and hope this can be achieved one day, i hate to not make use of my very capable sound card.
there is no free dts hd decoder. use passthrough or you only get the core.
gah I knew I had just answered this. do not friggan cross post final warning.
(2012-09-10, 13:58)spiff Wrote: gah I knew I had just answered this. do not friggan cross post final warning.

Sorry, i thought i had posted it in the wrong place to begin with as i wasn't getting any replies, so i re-posted it elsewhere. Does one not get a first warning? Again, many apologies
(2012-09-10, 13:55)spiff Wrote: there is no free dts hd decoder. use passthrough or you only get the core.

How does one use "passthrough"? I have not seen this option anywhere.
set output to digital then enable the xxx capable receiver setting. require a hdmi connection.

no cross posting is in the forum rules. I am sure you do not make the same mistake in the future so the warning being final or not should not matter ;-)
(2012-09-10, 14:20)spiff Wrote: set output to digital then enable the xxx capable receiver setting. require a hdmi connection.

no cross posting is in the forum rules. I am sure you do not make the same mistake in the future so the warning being final or not should not matter ;-)

Aye aye capt'n.

Unfortunately i dont have a dts hd ma capable receiver Sad I do have a sound card that is more than capable though, a few amps and 7.1 speakers from my old receiver. Do you think one day someone will be able to reverse engineer arcsoft total media theatre and incorporate their dts hd ma decoder into xbmc? As i get perfect audio through that.
I am sure the ffmpeg guys will manage eventually. they always do
Iv'e managed to do something great.

1. Using eac3to;

-Extract full dts hd ma using Arcsoft TMT2 Codec (save as .flac)
-Extract m2ts video (save as .mkv)

2. Using MKVMerge;

-Mux the above two together

=====================
I now have 7.1 DTS-HD MA, using an analogue sound card, with XBMC

I hope this helps someone who doesn't have bitsreaming capabilities, or an expensive receiver.
MPC-HC as an external player + LAV Audio Decoder + ArcSoft's dtsdecoderdll.dll is probably the only way currently.

See a good thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116724

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby 7.1 works but no DTS - SOLVED1