Wrong Show Metadata/Fanart - Locals VS Scrapped
Greetings,

I'm a new user to XBMC with only a week of experience but let me say i'm loving it.

I honestly don't know how i've lived without it. Half an hour after i installed XBMC i just disconnect my Samsung BluRay with no retreats lol

With that said i'm having a small but annoying problem. I'l describe the best i can since English is not my native language. I've also search for an hour before posting this.

I'm using Aeon Skin and TV Shows/Movie in Showcase - small poster carousel style. TV Shows are organized using Sick Beard who renames and downloads Show Metadata, Fanart, Folder Image and Season Thumbnail.

Folder structure is the following:

TV Shows
Serie Name
Season 01
Season 02
tvshow.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
poster.jpg
season##.tbn

I'm having 2 different problems but somehow related i think...

1. Only a few shows are being displayed properly using Showcase Style. 90% seem to be using a squished banner instead of poster. I enabled the option to user posters but if i do that all images just disappear. i can assure that ALL TV Shows have a poster.jpg.
I start thinking and i believe the "squished" Shows have been scrapped using XBMC default skin and the remaining shows have been scrapped using Aeon already. So i've tried to refresh a show manually but the result was the same, different image scrapped but a squished banner again.
Also if i manually go to TV Show Info to manually set the poster i have available many remote and my local poster.jpg so...files are there and detected but it seems i have to select it manually? that kinda sucks since i have around 200 shows. I'm pretty sure an easy solution is out there so...please to share Tongue

2. This one has to do with wrong scrapped info. Castle and Jericho are a perfect example since there are older shows with the exact name and i don have, for example, Castle (2009) as my Show name. This can originate problems and i'm aware of that. But since i'm using Sick Beard as i said the metadata downloaded was the correct one, including the tvshow.nfo. One would think that since tvshow.nfo was pointing to the correct thetvdb show XBMC would scrapp the correct info for the episodes but that didn't happened. I ended up having Castle (2009) fanart and Castle show and episodes info. I can't understand why XBMC even scrapped the show metadata since i have it locally in my tvshow.nfo...

Those can be some noob questions but i would be happy if some one would reply with some help or maybe some link were i could read some decent info about this subject.

Cheers,
bump for the night

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Show Metadata/Fanart - Locals VS Scrapped1