Letterboxd addon
Its just an idea, wouldnt it be cool to integrate letterboxd into xbmc?

You find it here:
Letterboxd.com

Imagine you can rate the movie you just saw on xbmc right into xbmc...
Or you can watch what your friends saw and see if you have it in your library and so on..

If someone would want an invitation... I got 2 left...

I dont know how we should implement this but im sure there are people around who might be able to do this...

Just a thought...
i prefer http://trakt.tv which already has an add-on
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Whats the difference with letterboxd?
I see theres no facebook integration...
Can you easily follow what your friends are watching?
Can you rate the movies youve seen?
don't know about Facebook but i guess there is
yes you can follow
yes you can rate
it also has tvshows.

you wouldn't ask me this if you actually had lookd at the site
(2012-09-10, 19:11)Martijn Wrote: don't know about Facebook but i guess there is
yes you can follow
yes you can rate
it also has tvshows.

you wouldn't ask me this if you actually had lookd at the site

I looked at the site.. But i dont see any rating there..or friends..
It looks good too though..
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7435592/trakt.tv.jpg
Also has android and ios apps

Can't even see Letterboxd.com cause it doesn't load for me
(2012-09-10, 19:19)Martijn Wrote: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7435592/trakt.tv.jpg
Also has android and ios apps

Can't even see Letterboxd.com cause it doesn't load for me

Didnt know about traktv till now.. Thank you.
This looks good...
I think im gonna try it..
Hopefully its as good as letterboxd..
But there are already some benefits over letterboxd.. Like the. Addon for xbmc already.. Plus the integration in constellation for ipad..

For letterboxd , you need an invite.. If you want one, i can provide one cause i have 2 invitations left..
But then i need your mailadress... Pm me if you want...
Just listening to an interview with the founders of letterboxd and hoping for a plugin. But I see their API is not published yet.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I haven't used trakt and I'm not that interested in tracking TV shows, but I've been a letterboxd user from this winter and it's a great thing. It also seems to be gainging popularity and improving quality, bascially for me it is now the "goodreads for movies", which is kind of like a holy grail status for such a service.

I'm a heavy Kodi user and since I use both almost every day, I would be guaranteed to use a well-functioning Kodi-Letterboxd integration. I'm also a developer and may actually be somewhat interested in developing a plug-in if nobody else is doing it yet. I don't know Python well, but I have a little bit of experience keeping the Mubi plugin up to date ( my fork is https://github.com/Villane/plugin.video.mubi ), which is of course quite tiny. In my opinion a good plugin would start by functioning in two main areas:

1) Keeping "watched" movies in sync between Kodi and Letterboxd. However, with letterboxd this is not always as trivial as it would seem:

Usually when I have watched a movie, I do not "Mark as watched", although that is a possible action as well. Instead I "Log or review", which logs a viewing, adds a date to it (I can change it manually) an optional review and a rating. I think it's so common to do this as one step that it may be awkward to just do an automatic "mark as watched". Would it be possible to pop up a dialog after the movie ends, maybe during credits roll? Then again, sometimes I want to think for an hour or two before I write a small review, so I might not even log it right away.

However, since a plugin should automate, maybe another acceptable flow would be for Kodi to automatically log it anyway with today's date (or yesterday if most of the movie was before midnight?) and later I could go and edit the log entry to add a review, maybe outside of Kodi.

Another option would be that the plug-in would ask me what to do at every movie ending: 1) Log (or review) 2) Mark watched 3) Do nothing (this could be default in case the pop-up dialog could be made to time out -- if I accidentally left a movie running or fell asleep then it won't be marked)

2) Letting me explore lists of movies. Letterboxd has a great feature in the form of lists, where you just put movies into a list and can add comments to each one. There are no separate notions of collections or anything like that, everything is done with lists. Lists can be public or private, and each user has a special "watchlist". It would be a really awsome feature if I could explore these lists in Kodi the same way I can explore movies in my library by various criteria. For that, I would like a quick access to "letterboxd" from the menu, and that would open for me a list of lists -- listing the names of my lists and the lists from other people that I have liked. Maybe there should also be a search for lists and I could then bookmark lists from other people. Obviously, from these lists I should also be able to play the movie if it's available in my library (and even more awesome -- play it from a service like Mubi, for example).

These two features would comprise of a functioning Letterboxd integration, to me. After this, one could think about how to bring the social features to Kodi and maybe bring more of the functionality of iOS app to Kodi. Maybe letterboxd could also be used for poster art -- it seems to have quality images for vast majority of films, although I'm not sure about rez.
Perhaps someone could fork this and run with it?

https://github.com/petterhj/xbmc-addon-letterboxd
Quote:The Letterboxd API is in private beta. If you’d like to be considered for early access, please email details of your intended use to [email protected]. Please include the title of your app or project in the subject line, and note that while we read all applications, we are unable to individually reply, or to guarantee admission to the beta.
If you require your account data in machine-readable form we have import and export options, and every account has an RSS feed of new diary entries and lists.

https://letterboxd.com/api-beta/
(2020-04-20, 11:21)azumukupoe Wrote:
Quote:The Letterboxd API is in private beta. If you’d like to be considered for early access, please email details of your intended use to [email protected]. Please include the title of your app or project in the subject line, and note that while we read all applications, we are unable to individually reply, or to guarantee admission to the beta.
If you require your account data in machine-readable form we have import and export options, and every account has an RSS feed of new diary entries and lists.

https://letterboxd.com/api-beta/
I requested beta API access 3 years ago and still haven't heard a response. To be honest, I can imagine reasons why they might not want to open a comprehensive API to the public. They have generally a very good service (that sometimes goes down, but not very often lately) targeting mostly cinephiles. If all kinds of intergrations start popping up where e.g. the lists are managed in different automated manners, it could lead to usage patterns that lower the signal to noise ratio of their service.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Letterboxd addon0