Win Change default behaviour of Home items
Hi,

Can't seem to find this on the forum, probably due to lack of properly distinguishable keywords, but I want to edit the way my Homescreen items behave. In Confluence, this was relatively easy: I just had to find the appropriate control in Home.xml and change the '<onclick>' function... But Aeon Nox is a bit more intricate, it seems...! Nod

What I want is this: on pressing 'Music', I always want to be taken to the Music Library view, instead of whichever one I visited earlier. Also with 'Movies' and 'TV Shows', I want it to always go to the Titles listing, regardless of previous windows.

I already tried some things with the built-in customizers, but I still can't get it to work as desired.

So, my question to those more knowledgable than me: is this easily accomplished? And if so, where do I find the strings to edit??

TIA, WeirdH
add the commands to your favourites list (for example videos --> movies --> title) and set that one in customizer then.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Wow, you immediately win the award for timely response!

If done this way, I imagine it would clutter up my favourites menu. Is there perhaps another way without that happening? (he whined like the spoilt brat he is...Blush)
Just delete the favourite after you assigned it to the menu. you wont lose the customization
Great stuff guys, got the video portions working as desired. However, music doesn't seem to comply to the same rules. I can't put an item that leads to window 10502 in the favourites, so the same customization trick that worked for the videos, won't work for Music.

Whatever I try, musiclibrary always takes me to a previous view, (like a specific album or a genre) but I want the home item to default to the first library screen (10502). My (now) custom Movies and TV Shows do this after visiting other sections, but Music remains stubborn. Even setting a custom link to execute 'Activate/ReplaceWindow(10502)' or (MusicLibrary) doesn't help me. Are there any other options? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks again.
ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Artists,return)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
But wouldn't that take me to the artists list? I meant I want it to default to the very first libraryview, the one with genres, albums, artists, recently aded/played and so on. It actually does this the very first time after a cold boot, but visited sections in Music are always remembered, so I never default back to the first view after browsing through the library a bit.

Navigation in videolibrary is like this (for example):

Home -> Movies -> Genres -> Action -> back to home: now, immediately clicking Movies again takes me straight to the previously visited Action-list, which is to be expected, but if I go like this:

Home -> Movies -> Genres -> Action -> back to home -> Something other than Movies -> back to home -> Movies: I'm taken back to the first movielibrary screen (which I favorited using the Custom-trick above, and also the view with genres, title, year, etc.) I'm assuming this is because I exited out of the Movielibrary, then went somewhere else before returning to Movies. Lucky for me, this is exactly how I want the Homescreen items to work.

However, the same behaviour can't be accomplished in the Music library, I'm ALWAYS taken to where I was before, regardless of exiting back home and browsing in other sections. Is there even a workaround for this?

Adding to that, it has to be said: Nox is awesome to the umpteenth degree, so please don't take my posts as complaints! Best skin so far, and I've been on XBMC since 2005. That was Xbox-time..! Big Grin
ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,root) should work i think.
It does, thanks a lot! Keep up the great work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change default behaviour of Home items1