Manual Searching After Scraper Doesn't Find Info
I've been an XBMC user for several years and this one thing keeps bugging me. Sorry if there are other posts about it, but I couldn't find any that were really helpful. I like to name my movies in a logical fashion to make browsing them by file name easy. This makes it a lot easier to find them if I'm throwing them on my phone, etc. I will name sequels based on the first movie in the series:

Flags of Our Fathers 1.avi
Flags of Our Fathers 2 - Letters from Iwo Jima.avi

House of 1,000 Corpses 1.avi
House of 1,000 Corpses 2 - The Devil's Rejects.avi

And for Foreign films, I like to put the language in the file name

Ichi the Killer (Japanese).avi
Happiness of the Katakuris (Japanese).avi

When scraping (TMDB), this can cause there to be no results for the scrape, which means the movie will not be added to the library. If it comes up with a movie that is not even close, that's fine, because I can still just do a manual refresh and change it to the movie I want. What I would like to know is is there any way to manually add these (without using .nfos) or a way (feature request) to have a dialog that comes up when a movie could not be found by the scraper, similar to the manual refresh? These are movies that the scraper knows about, it just doesn't like my naming convention, so it doesn't find ANY results.
Pretty sure not. Just use NFOs already. That way its already 'fixed' instead of having to redo that reconciliation later if ever migrating anything.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Just navigate to the movie in File view (not Library), and press 'i', that'll do exactly what you want and will pop up the onscreen keyboard when no match is found so you can type in the right title.
@transcender - I just don't like nfos. Too messy. :-)

@scudlee - That works perfectly. Thanks for the info!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual Searching After Scraper Doesn't Find Info0