Win Xbmc Won't start after HD Crash
Okay here's the problem , one of my Media Harddrives crashed today. No big Deal. I ordered an replacement already which will be here in no time. Anyway I'd like to use XBMC with my other Media Harddrive in the meantime. Problem being that whenever I start Xbmc , I simply get a black screen and it gets non responsive after somewhat 20-30 seconds. Issue being that XBMC can't acess the crashed haddrive anymore. Has anyone of you any idea how to workaround that problem for now?

best regards
Locate your sources.xml file in your userdata (wiki) directory and open the file with a text editor. Remove the <source> stanzas that refer to the missing drive in <video>, <music> and <pictures> sections (whichever are applicable).
Code:
<source>
   <name>Name you gave this source</name>
   <path pathversion="1">\path\to\your\missing\drive</path>
</source>

You may need to run "Clean library" to remove the missing media items from the library.

However, I'm not sure why XBMC would be trying to access this missing drive on the main menu, before you even attempt to access videos, music or pictures. Do you launch XBMC with some type of startup script that connects to your now missing media drive first before it actually launches XBMC? If so, you may want to remove that code from your startup script.
First of all , thanks for your help. Tried what you said. Apparantly that wasn't quite the problem. I'll try to post an errorlog first thing tommorow

Edit: apparantly Xbmc crashes before even creating an logfile. The problem still occurs. I start XBMC , I get an unresponsive black screen and then it crashes after a while.

if it helps any.xbmc.log

edit2:

after making an seperate clean xbmc install , which still crashed, and quite a dozen tries to e.g reinstall the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package ". I noticed that apparantly quite a bunch of programs had issues starting. taking them more than 20 minutes to boot up etc. Afterall I fixed it by disabling the broken harddrive in the device manager. Works for now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc Won't start after HD Crash0