missing add source
After deleting the only Media Source in Videos there is no longer a "Add source" context menu option. However, the "Add source" context is there for the "parent folder" before deleting the only source.

What's also odd is that the Movies and TV Shows, etc are still listed. This is true even after deleting the sources.xml file. If the sources.xml files doesn't exist, then how can XBMC find anything?

The above is true regardless of which skin I'm using.

Confluence AFTER deleting only source (notice also the parent folder option is missing)

Confluence BEFORE deleting only source

Aeon Nox AFTER deleting only source (notice also the parent folder option is missing)

Aeon Nox BEFORE deleting only source
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
"Add Videos..." is used to add a video source (first screenshot, right below "Recently added episodes").
Thank you for the quick reply!!

So "Add Videos" and "Add Source" are exactly the same?
Yes, they do the same thing.
Wow could that be anymore inconsistent.

Any idea why the sources.xml file doesn't need to exist?

Also this statement "Note: For this context-menu to appear (for Add/Edit/Remove Sources), you need to be on your root-folder of ie. My Videos/My Music/My Pictures.", which is found at the following link isn't true.
media sources page
(2012-09-11, 09:25)CaptainKen Wrote: Any idea why the sources.xml file doesn't need to exist?
Because you've already scanned your media content into the library? When you delete a media source via the GUI, XBMC will ask you if you also want to delete the corresponding library entries. If you say no, they will remain in the library.
Quote:Also this statement "Note: For this context-menu to appear (for Add/Edit/Remove Sources), you need to be on your root-folder of ie. My Videos/My Music/My Pictures.", which is found at the following link isn't true.
media sources page
That statement is correct. If, for example, you defined your "My Videos" directory as a media source, when you display its context menu, you will see options to Add/Edit/Remove sources. If you have subdirectories of "My Videos" called "Movies" and "TV Shows" and you navigate to one of these subdirectories and display the context menu, you won't see options to Add/Edit/Remove sources.
(2012-09-11, 09:46)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 09:25)CaptainKen Wrote: Any idea why the sources.xml file doesn't need to exist?
Because you've already scanned your media content into the library? When you delete a media source via the GUI, XBMC will ask you if you also want to delete the corresponding library entries. If you say no, they will remain in the library.
Quote:Also this statement "Note: For this context-menu to appear (for Add/Edit/Remove Sources), you need to be on your root-folder of ie. My Videos/My Music/My Pictures.", which is found at the following link isn't true.
media sources page
That statement is correct. If, for example, you defined your "My Videos" directory as a media source, when you display its context menu, you will see options to Add/Edit/Remove sources. If you have subdirectories of "My Videos" called "Movies" and "TV Shows" and you navigate to one of these subdirectories and display the context menu, you won't see options to Add/Edit/Remove sources.

Thank you again for clearing this up!

(2012-09-11, 09:46)artrafael Wrote: Because you've already scanned your media content into the library? When you delete a media source via the GUI, XBMC will ask you if you also want to delete the corresponding library entries. If you say no, they will remain in the library.

I tried what you said, but unfortunately all content remains. Here's what the sources.xml looks like.

What I'm trying to accomplish is a fresh start, without loosing my addons and settings.

(2012-09-11, 10:41)CaptainKen Wrote: What I'm trying to accomplish is a fresh start, without loosing my addons and settings.

Then just go to your .\XBMC\userdata\Database-folder, backup or rename your MyVideosXY.db-file, run XBMC and start from scratch. Smile
If everything works like you want, you are free to delete your db-backup-file.

Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2012-09-11, 10:41)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 09:46)artrafael Wrote: Because you've already scanned your media content into the library? When you delete a media source via the GUI, XBMC will ask you if you also want to delete the corresponding library entries. If you say no, they will remain in the library.

I tried what you said, but unfortunately all content remains.

Actually, I was just explaining why your library entries still exist even though you no longer had a sources.xml. And that, if you had removed the source via the GUI and responded "NO" to the question "Do you want to remove all items in this path from the XBMC library?", then XBMC would not remove your library entries. If, instead, you had responded "YES", then the library entries would have been removed along with the media source.

Anyway, what Fry7 posted above will take care of your problem.
(2012-09-11, 11:46)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 10:41)CaptainKen Wrote:

I tried what you said, but unfortunately all content remains.

Actually, I was just explaining why your library entries still exist even though you no longer had a sources.xml. And that, if you had removed the source via the GUI and responded "NO" to the question "Do you want to remove all items in this path from the XBMC library?", then XBMC would not remove your library entries. If, instead, you had responded "YES", then the library entries would have been removed along with the media source.

Anyway, what Fry7 posted above will take care of your problem.

Thank you both. BTW, yes I had answered Yes to both prompts.

(2012-09-11, 10:53)Fry7 Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 10:41)CaptainKen Wrote: What I'm trying to accomplish is a fresh start, without loosing my addons and settings.

Then just go to your .\XBMC\userdata\Database-folder, backup or rename your MyVideosXY.db-file, run XBMC and start from scratch. Smile
If everything works like you want, you are free to delete your db-backup-file.

When I renamed the db file, my main menu customizations (I'm using Aeon Nox skin) are gone. It appears that other settings are in tack.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
missing add source0