Upgrade from Revo 1600?
xxx
Those do look nice,..but I suppose the big question is:
What's your budget look like?
Have u seen this?
http://brycv.com/blog/2012/the-case-for-...el-dq77kb/
xxx
Just to back up for a second, you say you're running openelec, right? The revo 1600 isn't a supporting computer on the openelec website. Have you had any issues? I'd like to simplify my revo by putting openelec onto it (although I'd have to upgrade the RAM).

Thanks for anything you can add.
I'm using the same PC and love it still. I really don't think there is anything out really worth buying to replace it. Its not that loud at all and it plays 1080p content. The only thing I wish is if I can turn it on from the remote. With XBMC I can never get sleep to work right with any hardware using Linux...
Oh... and I also painted mine black to clean up the eye sore...

In the end you do what you want, but I don't think its worth it... I'm waiting for a legit settop box that runs XBMC... wishful thinking..

My usage is very similar to the OP's and I have 2 1600s in use in the house running Openelec and they work flawlessly. I've yet to find anything out there that warrants me spending money on to upgrade, again based on my usage the only thing I'd get as a benefit is maybe the ability to run some of the very heavy AEON skins. So I'm in agreement with BORIStheBLADE.

@BORIStheBLADE I've had no issues getting these units to sleep and wake from sleep using a remote. Worked for me back when I was running xbmclive on them and works presently on all the openelec builds I've run on them. I did find they ran better when I installed a BIOS update that was supposedly for use when running a Linux based OS on them.
(2012-09-13, 00:01)gabbott Wrote: My usage is very similar to the OP's and I have 2 1600s in use in the house running Openelec and they work flawlessly. I've yet to find anything out there that warrants me spending money on to upgrade, again based on my usage the only thing I'd get as a benefit is maybe the ability to run some of the very heavy AEON skins. So I'm in agreement with BORIStheBLADE.

@BORIStheBLADE I've had no issues getting these units to sleep and wake from sleep using a remote. Worked for me back when I was running xbmclive on them and works presently on all the openelec builds I've run on them. I did find they ran better when I installed a BIOS update that was supposedly for use when running a Linux based OS on them.

Ill look into the bios then. Thanks!!

I have a 1600 as well running OpenElec. I don't have a problem with sleep/resume via the remote. Video playback is great, but what gives me the itch to upgrade is watching videos of people scrolling through their movie lists on an A6 at lightning speed. The 1600 isn't slow per se, it just isn't that snappy. Plus, though I love the ease of openelec I've been thinking of switching to a Win7 box for hulu and netflix.
xxx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade from Revo 1600?0