Android - G-Box Midnight HTPC

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3.67 Average
philipad Offline
Hi guys,

Newbie here!
Are there instruction on how to install XBMC Linux based, on GBOX MX2?
find quote
mrdally204 Offline
Fan
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2418029
find quote
markmorgan10 Offline
thanks mrdally - i'll give it a try
find quote
accordex Offline
On top of built in streaming features, can I use (while on home wifi) SMB windows shares to play all my stored TV shows / Movies in xbmc, the same way I do with all my PCs? Does this unit have any internal storage to build a library from my shared tv shows/movies?
find quote
mrdally204 Offline
Fan
yes and yes. There lis limited built in memory, maybe 2gb usable BUT I believe you can maneuver something with a USB drive with the label "USERDATA" which will gain you some performance. Search around this thread, or head over to the Marticom forums for more info. That may be your best bet
find quote
Kreten Offline
Hey guys can someone help me out.
Is it possible to install dual boot Xbmc Linux and Android
I have Gbox Slav with internal hdd currently I'm using J1nx linux xbmc but once in a while when my box freezes and crashes it seems like my wi-fi gets turned off and no way to turn it back on. I know android has on off for wi-fi but I have no knowledge how to get it started through linux.

So is there a way to put android on my hdd and launch it/switch to it from within xbmc linux by browsing files and maybe hitting launch?
Or is there a file that I can ssh into the box and start wi-fi?

Also another issue I'm having is that there's no option to enable hardware decoding for videos which require it like there used to be on xbox xbmc(flv's are not working only audio). Is there a way to get this working? Only way I found it to work was in file manager if I gut play using AMLPlayer but that's useless for apps as none of them have listed AMLPlayer and if I dmake AMLPlayer a default one then videos longer than 1minute do not play they just keep loading.

And where is keymap for remote located at? So I can edit it to custom assign screenshot to one of the keys.

Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-05 11:21 by Kreten.)
find quote
kb406 Offline
Hello,

I searched the thread for keyword "rewind" and did not find a similar question. Apologies if this has already been addressed.

When playing video (mkv for example) off of an external hard drive attached by usb, I have experienced problems with the rewind and fast forward functions. When fast forwarding, the video often stutters for the first few seconds, then audio sync is off for a few second and then the video continues smoothly. Rewind basically never works. In fact, sometimes the rewind function actually results in a fast forward.

Is this an XBMC build issue? Or could this be unique to my box? I've scoured all the likely web sources for an answer and discovered only one other person asking this question, which leads me to believe this must not be a universal issue.
find quote
chrisino Offline
Hi. Installed j1nx Linux on G-Box Midnight and it's working great. I was interested to know if Ubuntu has been ported or if we have a dual boot solution e.g. Android and Linux?

A dual boot would be awesome. Any help would be appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-23 22:56 by chrisino.)
find quote
ebeggs123 Offline
Got the G-box midnight mx2 for christmas with this remote http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008R...=computers, Could anyone help me on how to connect the remote. Ive tried using the dongle and using the app installer but no apk is picked up understandably though. thanks
find quote
wizin Offline
Hello Gents, pretty much a noob

Currently using Roku 2 with Plex and hate the loading please wait... on some vids so was checking out XBMC
I have it installed on PC but I prefer it with traditional remote and don't really enjoy Android app etc as a substitute

Now, was browsing thrpugh different hardware for XBMC, so would like your advice

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00CH643A8/ref=a...opbotca-20

OR

http://dynamic.focalprice.com/EH0160B/MX...rrency=CAD

or

http://products.ncix.com/detail/pivos-xi...5-1051.htm

OR None of the above

Can you kindly recommend, prefer out of the box solution - mainly for my content and netflix
find quote
an0nymous89 Offline
Hi,

having a few issues with the Static's XBMC barebone v0.1a firmware.

Firstly this is a great build everything is running smoothly and all, but i have come across a few issues.

1. subtitles doesnt go away - eg. when subtitle shows up and it stays on screen until the next line appears.
2. there is a comma ( , ) at the front of each line of subtitle.
3. xbmc semi reset back to default settings. I say semi because all the setting is reset to default but the sources added and movie scanned is still there. (only happened once so far)

is it possible to update to the latest version xbmc 12.3 and still running as smooth as it is now?

is it possible to right click in XBMC on the gbox ? wanna bring up the submenu sometimes.

would like to run the android/iphone app to control is that possible? (probably not because a lot of the feature was removed to make this unit running smoothly, correct?)
(This post was last modified: 2014-01-17 02:25 by an0nymous89.)
find quote
mrdally204 Offline
Fan
an0nymous89,

Your questions are specific to a firmware and not XBMC directly. You will get much better help asking on the Matricom forum. Good luck!
http://matricom.net/forums/
find quote
maddy14 Offline
Hi I have same product

for some reason I am not able to install certain apps from google play
its says you device is not compatible for this app

to be specific the following is what I am trying to install its a streaming app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...om.peaceTV

if i need to upgrade anything any firmware please guide me thru

Thankyou
find quote
Nigel007 Offline
Hello J1nx,
I've been looking at your posts in xbmc forum and you seem to be the perfect guy to answer my question (if i may)

I have recently purchased a box called SMART-TV box (researching on net revealed that it is practically Allwinner A20 board). the 1080p playback on android is not smooth so i wish to flash xbmc linux version so that XBMC starts directly at booting phase.

I did this for J1nx box M3 in past using toothpick method with secret botton at bottom of unit. I have heard that same file would work for gbox midnight which is similar. the box i have doesn't have any secret buttons. it goes into android system at boot.

anything i can do to boot in linux?
any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Have a nice day !
Nigel
find quote
fuqhard Offline
Maybe it's just me, but there was a link to a fix when the toothpick method doesn't work. I can't find that link. Can anyone guide me to it? Thanks in advance...

PS. I'm trying to load J1nx linux version of XBMC

Edit: Found the instructions last night, so no worries.
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-26 14:32 by fuqhard.)
find quote