Req OPUS Codec
The power of open source is the availability of the source. Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-05-14, 12:49)Memphiz Wrote: The power of open source is the availability of the source. Wink

And also one of its weaknesses.
will opus make it in Helix?
(2014-05-31, 16:38)BlueScreenJunky Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 12:49)Memphiz Wrote: The power of open source is the availability of the source. Wink

And also one of its weaknesses.
How do you figure that?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
well it seems right now we can use opus files in kodi but use of vorbiscomment on it wasnt implemented so its worthless, i documented it here but no fix or answer yet http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234681
Worhless ... why are so many users posting here in suche an overdramatic way?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
sorry for my overdramatic writing but whats the purpose of using a new codec like opus if it cant be added to kodi audio library because vorbiscomment on it it's not supported (yet)
The task was to playback opus files. That was solved if i am right. You don't seem to know how developers think sometimes. Next task - support vorbiscomment (which is a totally different task to do because it doesn't even have to do anything with playing back media).
well vorbiscomment was already supported in flac and ogg files when opus playback was implemented, i thought that one of the main goals in kodi is to display our audio/video data content in visual libraries not just raw playback but you seem to be right i just dont know how developers think.
Its 2 completly different spots in our code - not all devs have the big picture of what else is needed. Playback gurus ensure that codecs are supported and working properly with our internal playback structure - thats where stuff might end already and someone which is more into our library would know how to support something like tag reading or what not.
not that it helps you but it's supported in my fork where i have a ffmpeg based tag loader. the problem is that .flac and .opus are raw bitstreams, which needs special support since there is no container. vorbis is usually in an .ogg container and comments in those are supported. it should also be supported if you stick opus in an .ogg file.
sumpfomat

2012-09-12 16:53
Are there any plans to and when to support the new opus codec specified in RFC 6716?

Would love to hear that Smile

2012-09-13 09:25

(2012-09-13, 09:25)spiff Wrote: it will come in with the next ffmpeg update.

Three years ago and Vorbis comment in Opus audio files hasn't been implemented yet, awesome.
Where is your patch? Whining is not contributing.
I'm sorry if my question seems kinda dumb but I I lack the knowledge to really understand every aspect of ffmpeg updates and whatnot in this thread. I'm using Jarvis Beta 3 and I have a video file with speex audio in flv format. Video plays fine but no audio. Is there a chance this might somehow be possible in future releases? Audio works in vlc and media player classic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OPUS Codec0