Acessing Content on a LAN without Network Discory from an Android Phone
My University doesn't allow device discovery on the network. I can use the xbmc remote fine if I provide the IP address.

I was using XBMC media player at home till I came back on campus. I can not find a way to specify the location off the media sever IP adress with that app.

Is there another android app that I can use to view my XBMC library in this circumstance.

If not what is an easy program combo that I can run on a windows 7 machine to deliver content to an android phone.
what do you mean you cannot find a way to specify the location off the media sever IP adress with that app? it's the very first setting in the settings menu. am i missing something?

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem...BMC_Remote
I am not talking about XBMC remote unless recent updates allows videos to be played on the phone. Essentially I want to view files from my computer on my smartphone.

I was using xbmc media player found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...appotvxbmc.

It allows the sharing of video and music libraries through UPnP. My university disables the host ip that computers ping to receive ip of networked devices, but I don't think it prohibits the traffic to specific devices.

Unfortunately the app doesn't allow you to set the ip address to a specific UPnP sever as far as I found.
Well, we don't support that app and are actually trying to get them taken down from the Google Play store because they refuse to change their name and it's too close to XBMC Media Center.

I'm fairly certain the only app we do support is... XBMC and the XBMC remote...
If that app is not supported does anybody have any recommendations on how to view files on my phone.

Do I need to set up a sever program on my windows to deliver ftp to my phone, or is there an easier way.
1. Share your files via SMB/Windows shares.
2. Install xbmc on your android phone.
3. Huh?
4. Profit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acessing Content on a LAN without Network Discory from an Android Phone0