stream/transcode iso to ipad.
Hi.

Maybe it isn't the right spot for this post, but I posted this under Ios support but no response at all. Now I'll give it a try here instead. Hope it's ok.

There are so many things You can do with xbmc, sometimes the most impossible things can be handled in xbmc.

I'm definitely a newbe in the xbmc world. Have just ripped all my DVD's to iso, and it's all playing very well on my 2 xbmc instances.

It could also be nice if it's possible to transcode and stream those isofiles to my ipad without jailbraking the device. Some people are using programs like Air Video, but as long as I know it is not able to handle iso files.
I have tried VLCstreamer, but it is not reliable.

So my question is. Are there any ways to do this ?

What about the DLNA Client in XBMC?

Any plug in's?

Please Advice

Henrik
You could give PS3 Media Server a shot.
Works on my phone/tablet/tv and pc.

This program transcodes media format that are not orignally playable on devices to format they can read.
It does this by identifying the connected device and gather the info that way. So it know what to transcode to.
More info on that are on their forums.

I have no clue if XBMC can handle this to be honest.
Try Plex. It's a fork of XBMC available on iOS (for a price). It requires the Plex Media Server running on a desktop (Win/Mac/Linux) machine which transcodes to the iOS app. I'm not certain about ISOs, but since it's forked from XBMC, it should play the same file formats.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stream/transcode iso to ipad.1