Can't search for AMD in threads
So due to the word length requirement of 4 characters, I can't use the built-in search on the forum to find info related to AMD products. Is there any way to add "AMD" to a search whitelist? Ironically, I can't even search through the forums to see if this issue has been dealt with before, so sorry if this is a duplicate
I just use google and add site:forum.xbmc.org or just site:xbmc.org for my forum searches.
IIRC this is some mysql limitation when using native fulltext search engine of it. We tried to change it to 3 letters, but it unfortunately didn't work out Sad
Recommend searching for more specific terms in conjunction. Like: "AMD Fusion" (use the quotes)

"Live to Win!"
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
(2012-09-14, 11:44)da-anda Wrote: IIRC this is some mysql limitation when using native fulltext search engine of it. We tried to change it to 3 letters, but it unfortunately didn't work out Sad
Thanks for the explination.

(2012-09-14, 16:58)RandomNinjaAtk Wrote: Recommend searching for more specific terms in conjunction. Like: "AMD Fusion" (use the quotes)

Thanks for the tip. unfortunately the term I was searching for was "AMD CCC" for the catylist control center, and it was just refereed to as "ccc" in most parts of the thread I was searching.

(2012-09-14, 08:39)Ned Scott Wrote: I just use google and add site:forum.xbmc.org or just site:xbmc.org for my forum searches.
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought of that

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't search for AMD in threads0