Gaming rig, running XBMC
Hey folks. LONG time lurker here.

I've got a pretty smooth gaming rig: 8 core, 16gbb, 7870 2gb, plenty of storage.

Running beside that, I have a dedicated media server... it's dual core - runs perfect.

I'm pulling all of my media off of a NAS over a hard wire - no wireless.

Does anyone here run a gaming rig with XBMC on top?

I've got it installed with Transparency! and Launcher and MAN-O-MAN is it ever sleek. I'll probably set up a power plan to force the computer into hibernation after a set amount of time so it's not running all night and while I'm at work.
Did you have a specific question about running XBMC on a gaming rig,..or were you just trying to make us all drool over your system? Big Grin

Lol not at all...

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else does this. I had two machines running for a while now and only recently switched to doing an all-in-one solution.

If anyone else has done this (gaming and htpc in one), do you shut your computer off when afk?

Just worried about damaging components.
Two PCs make more sense. I leave my HTPC running all the time. My gaming pc goes to sleep when not in use

Gaming PC
i5 2500k 4.5

HTPC
i3 530
Always turn off the machine when you do not use it (saves the enviroment, the equipment and your pocket...Smile )..

an btw you could always install Teamviewer and shut off the pc from your office.. if u forget to do so...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gaming rig, running XBMC0