Aeon Nox 4 Mockup Thread
I figured since there was a modding thread there may as well be a mockup thread for anyone who has any ideas for original views or alterations to existing ones. Phil and Noid spend all of their time creating and maintaining this great skin, whilst we all reap the benefits. I wanted to give some of my time helping to design the future look of the skin. So far I've been involved with Landscape single-logo, which is great for TV and Movies:

(Credit to QuizKid for the screen grab)

I wanted to show a bit of love to a few of the views that I use for TV, so here a few mockups I came up with. They are, as always, purely mockups only intended to give a visual aid to Big Noid, phil65 or anyone who wants to try to make them a reality.

First up is Landscape single-logo for TV. I dont think that the header (number of episodes etc) is necessary, would be nice to be able to toggle these on and off. Also switched the floor flags around, this is a bit more in keeping with the TV format:

Next up is a view for Seasons. This is more of a WIP as I've only really spent a few mins on this one:

Next up is two for episode view. Really wanted to make use of the high res logos that were added to fanart.tv recently, and it seemed a shame that character art hadn't yet found a home so I managed to work that into one of them. I found that with the logo AND the poster, the existing episode view was a little cluttered. I think the two below could work, it's nice to break away from the conventional view and use some of the great artwork we have now.

Logo only:

Logo and Character art:

Haven't resized anything, it's all as is. Would love some feedback from all of you, it's always hard to judge your own work. You know the drill by now, all criticism and feedback welcome. Please post below.... Big Grin

Well I'm very sceptic about logos-only views in general
It's ok for TV shows, but not for movies

Because only blockbusters do have single logos.
And blockbusters are not always the best movies (look at Battleship, the scenario can be written on a credit card!)
So unless your library is made only by Spider-Man 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or X-Men 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 this kind of views is useless

But I like the idea of thread about mockups for Nox, some good ideas could come from it one day, who knows?
(2012-09-14, 22:19)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Well I'm very sceptic about logos-only views in general
It's ok for TV shows, but not for movies

Because only blockbusters do have single logos.
And blockbusters are not always the best movies (look at Battleship, the scenario can be written on a credit card!)
So unless your library is made only by Spider-Man 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or X-Men 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 this kind of views is useless

But I like the idea of thread about mockups for Nox, some good ideas could come from it one day, who knows?

Appreciate the feedback. The mockups above are exclusively for TV Shows, not for movies. I understand that the logo-centric views are not for everybody, but there are already plenty of views which cater for posters etc. so the idea here is to create something a little different and create that 'wow' factor. The type of artwork available to us now has increased tremendously, I'm trying to make use of some of that. For me personally, the views that look a little more like dynamic posters are the most impressive. But that is why Nox is so customisable, everyone can choose the views that please them. Big Grin

I'm sorry that the single-logo view is not for you. To say it is useless though is a little strong. There are a lot of users that love it, so it's a case of each to their own. Incidentally, my movie collection is 900+ and counting. The view still works for me Wink

As far as this thread goes, I hope some great ideas are found here. Big Grin
my eye cand tweaks for lowlist:

tv shows level

episode level
My favourite viewtype in Aeon Nox is the InfoPanel, so I would love an InfoPanel style viewtype for music. Might attempt to make it myself, but it wouldn't be very polished.
like this?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Yeah, that looks great Smile
Bonus points if it supports the spinning CD and having the artist logo behind the text.
Personally, I would like nothing more than to see an alternate main menu font, maybe a new texture theme like the one Elixxen posted (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140204) and navigation sounds, and a re-design of the Dialog FullScreen Info. I've been using Nox for a really long time, but I have to be honest, I think it's about time for some sort of revamp aesthetically.
(2012-09-15, 05:52)sialivi Wrote: Yeah, that looks great Smile
Bonus points if it supports the spinning CD and having the artist logo behind the text.

not possible atm, xbmc limitation. will probably change in the near future though, jmarshall is tackling xbmc artwork handling atm.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-09-14, 21:37)Deano316 Wrote: Next up is two for episode view. Really wanted to make use of the high res logos that were added to fanart.tv recently, and it seemed a shame that character art hadn't yet found a home so I managed to work that into one of them. I found that with the logo AND the poster, the existing episode view was a little cluttered. I think the two below could work, it's nice to break away from the conventional view and use some of the great artwork we have now.

Logo and Character art:

Haven't resized anything, it's all as is. Would love some feedback from all of you, it's always hard to judge your own work. You know the drill by now, all criticism and feedback welcome. Please post below.... Big Grin

I, too, would love to see the character art utilized somewhere. It's one category that doesn't get much love on fanart.tv because there are no skins (AFAIK) supporting it. That being said, I think the logo is too big, IMO. I don't care for the rotated logo either. Makes it harder to read, and misrepresents the logo as well. Of course, it is just my opinion though. That being said, I do really like the character art option in the episode view. Repeating the poster is a little redundant, because I use the shift view at season level, and already have seen the posters by the time i get to the episodes.

I look forward to what you come up with next, Deano!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-15, 06:33)Shinu Wrote: Personally, I would like nothing more than to see an alternate main menu font, maybe a new texture theme like the one Elixxen posted (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140204) and navigation sounds, and a re-design of the Dialog FullScreen Info. I've been using Nox for a really long time, but I have to be honest, I think it's about time for some sort of revamp aesthetically.

? nox was completely revamped over the last 6 months + you have a new white theme to play with.
the mockups look nice, but it´s a hell lot of work to create a complete coherent theme and integrate it properly.
we have a lot of other things on the to-do list which are of higher priority.

i added an alternative main menu font some hours ago (+ a new fontset), but it´s just for tryin out. will probably have to find others because of licensing.
(2012-09-15, 06:41)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 21:37)Deano316 Wrote: Next up is two for episode view. Really wanted to make use of the high res logos that were added to fanart.tv recently, and it seemed a shame that character art hadn't yet found a home so I managed to work that into one of them. I found that with the logo AND the poster, the existing episode view was a little cluttered. I think the two below could work, it's nice to break away from the conventional view and use some of the great artwork we have now.

Logo and Character art:

I, too, would love to see the character art utilized somewhere. It's one category that doesn't get much love on fanart.tv because there are no skins (AFAIK) supporting it. That being said, I think the logo is too big, IMO. I don't care for the rotated logo either. Makes it harder to read, and misrepresents the logo as well. Of course, it is just my opinion though. That being said, I do really like the character art option in the episode view. Repeating the poster is a little redundant, because I use the shift view at season level, and already have seen the posters by the time i get to the episodes.

I look forward to what you come up with next, Deano!

agreed in most parts. character art would be an idea, but i dislike the rotated logo. i don´t believe that it will work well for most logos.
Great feedback guys!! Wink So it seems episode view number one is shelved. Numbers two though seems to have hit a few notes right. The size of the logo has been questioned, I've used the logo which fills the area most. Same goes for the character art. Most logos/art for other shows will be smaller, I'll do a couple of different ones so you all can judge for yourselves. I'll also try to come up with a few variations. Stay tuned.....Big Grin
(2012-09-15, 06:49)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 06:33)Shinu Wrote: Personally, I would like nothing more than to see an alternate main menu font, maybe a new texture theme like the one Elixxen posted (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140204) and navigation sounds, and a re-design of the Dialog FullScreen Info. I've been using Nox for a really long time, but I have to be honest, I think it's about time for some sort of revamp aesthetically.

? nox was completely revamped over the last 6 months + you have a new white theme to play with.
the mockups look nice, but it´s a hell lot of work to create a complete coherent theme and integrate it properly.
we have a lot of other things on the to-do list which are of higher priority.

when i say revamp, i mean a change of the overall style of the skin. although things were change recently, the classic round edged panels, sounds, etc remained the same. i know it will be a lot of work for a new theme, but i still thought i'd say it. looking forward to trying the new homescreen font though. thx for the reply.
What about a disc in the info panel of movies? Top right corner? I think it would be cool to have the disc there.
So 4.0 is not ready to download thanks. I just saw 4.0 on git via Passion and it said it has been marked broken dependencies not met so I wonder what was wrong. When is Aeon Nox 3.5 being upgraded to 3.6?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 Mockup Thread4