Aeon Nox 4 Mockup Thread
(2012-09-15, 15:53)Shinu Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 06:49)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 06:33)Shinu Wrote: Personally, I would like nothing more than to see an alternate main menu font, maybe a new texture theme like the one Elixxen posted (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=140204) and navigation sounds, and a re-design of the Dialog FullScreen Info. I've been using Nox for a really long time, but I have to be honest, I think it's about time for some sort of revamp aesthetically.

? nox was completely revamped over the last 6 months + you have a new white theme to play with.
the mockups look nice, but it´s a hell lot of work to create a complete coherent theme and integrate it properly.
we have a lot of other things on the to-do list which are of higher priority.

when i say revamp, i mean a change of the overall style of the skin. although things were change recently, the classic round edged panels, sounds, etc remained the same. i know it will be a lot of work for a new theme, but i still thought i'd say it. looking forward to trying the new homescreen font though. thx for the reply.

using panels was always one of the Aeon signature features and i doubt we´ll ever change that, so better don´t start waiting for it Wink
would require someone to step up and create a mod.
(2012-09-15, 21:46)Randall Lind Wrote: So 4.0 is not ready to download thanks. I just saw 4.0 on git via Passion and it said it has been marked broken dependencies not met so I wonder what was wrong. When is Aeon Nox 3.5 being upgraded to 3.6?

Pull Request is sent, so it´s out of our hands. somewhen during the next week i´d day.
(2012-09-15, 16:49)win88ice2004 Wrote: What about a disc in the info panel of movies? Top right corner? I think it would be cool to have the disc there.

would probably look too crowded.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Awesome love how this skin looks.
Great work........as i do a lot of artworks in fanart.tv i would love to see a skin using hd-logos and hd-cleararts.

In generell I love the idea of using the new Image-Types in some way. Its always difficult to say. what makes more sense : Waiting for more images until you use them - or use them and get more images uploaded cause of this.
For me it would be perfect to have a mod that uses them, cause i can judge, how they will look in xbmc before uploading them to fanart.tv - so thanks for that great work Deano !

ähm....maybe i can do a request here ?
Iam not able to do any kind of modding but i would love to have the TV-Show Banner-View in Nox also for Music and Movies. We started Banners for both categories and maybe thats an "easy" way to see them "in use".

Okay guys progress report. I finally got some time to play around with the episode view some more, figured I'd post a few pics to get some more feedback. Nothing too major here, just a few tweaks.

This is the previous view just different TV Show:

Resized logo:

Season Thumb resized and added:

Season Thumb original size, repositioned, no character art:

Tried to make the best of the artwork available whilst keeping only one logo on screen at a time. Let me know your thoughts....Big Grin
(2012-09-17, 04:04)Deano316 Wrote: Okay guys progress report. I finally got some time to play around with the episode view some more, figured I'd post a few pics to get some more feedback. Nothing too major here, just a few tweaks.

Tried to make the best of the artwork available whilst keeping only one logo on screen at a time. Let me know your thoughts....Big Grin

I like this one. Maybe, instead of the landscape thumb, try it with a season banner? The smaller logos look better I think also.

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I use the Episode viewtype for my music artists/albums, and I have the background set to darken. I noticed that the low list viewtype I use for album tracks doesn't have an option to darken the background so I hardcoded it into the viewtype. Maybe this is something that can be made an option...

I use the Info Wall and Episode viewtypes the most and neither of these has the floor and reflections. I decided to remove the floor on the List/System/Weather viewtypes to match. I also removed the poster from the List viewtype, I realize that most may not be interested in this customization.

Here's what the List viewtype looks like when used with my GoPro and Workout videos:

And here's what the modified List viewtype looks like when used with my Movie genres:

(2012-09-17, 04:04)Deano316 Wrote: Okay guys progress report. I finally got some time to play around with the episode view some more, figured I'd post a few pics to get some more feedback. Nothing too major here, just a few tweaks.

This one I like. Thrak76 mentioned season banners. If you put a season banner at the bottom and then the codec info just above it, I think that would look alright. Either that or put the season landscape at the far left and then the codec info next to it
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
I like this one, tooNod[/i]
(2012-09-17, 10:16)defluo Wrote:

This one I like. Thrak76 mentioned season banners. If you put a season banner at the bottom and then the codec info just above it, I think that would look alright. Either that or put the season landscape at the far left and then the codec info next to it

So far I haven't found a show that has season banners, there are however loads of season thumbs. I'll make a few different versions of the bottom part, then see what you guys think.
(2012-09-17, 15:49)Deano316 Wrote: So far I haven't found a show that has season banners, there are however loads of season thumbs. I'll make a few different versions of the bottom part, then see what you guys think.

They're on the tvdb. In each season, underneath the season posters are the season banners
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
(2012-09-17, 16:47)defluo Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 15:49)Deano316 Wrote: So far I haven't found a show that has season banners, there are however loads of season thumbs. I'll make a few different versions of the bottom part, then see what you guys think.

They're on the tvdb. In each season, underneath the season posters are the season banners

Got them thanks Wink I'll add them in and see what they look like. It'll look best with banners that don't have the logo repeated on them I think.
Back again. Tried a few of your suggestions, let me know what you think:

I think the last two work the best. Still torn between season banner and season thumb though, I don't like that the show logo is repeated. Thoughts guys?
(2012-09-18, 01:29)Deano316 Wrote: Back again. Tried a few of your suggestions, let me know what you think:

I think the last two work the best. Still torn between season banner and season thumb though, I don't like that the show logo is repeated. Thoughts guys?

I like this one. It keeps the image in proportion, and will leave room for more flags - even though I know you're purposely cutting down on the number of flags, I still like seeing a couple more.
I think the landscape thumb is too tall. Looks strange to me. Perhaps if it was put into the bottom left corner with flags extending to the right it would work a little better?

Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
agree with thrak76 again. I still would prefer the codec flags to be shown instead of network and classification, but that layout works best
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 Mockup Thread4