Aeon Nox 4 Mockup Thread
Have also reworked episode view for Seasons, this is how you'd see it in action. What do you guys think of this one?

(Show level) Landscape single-logo:

(Season Level) Episode View. Did two versions of this as I know a few of you like having the season banner left aligned. Note that the season banner at the bottom changes with the highlighted season:

(Episode level) Episode view as you've seen before, also two versions:

This is almost becoming a mini theme, interested to see what you make of the new ones. Maybe Nox will be one of, if not the first skin to feature all of the new artwork types!
(2012-09-18, 17:46)Deano316 Wrote: Have also reworked episode view for Seasons, this is how you'd see it in action. What do you guys think of this one?

This is almost becoming a mini theme, interested to see what you make of the new ones. Maybe Nox will be one of, if not the first skin to feature all of the new artwork types!

This one looks best to me (for season level anyhow), but I think that it's redundant with the season banner as well. How about more flags, or clearart, or both? Also, the season thumb could use a bit of zoom in addition to the edge glow, for a bit more recognition.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-18, 17:56)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 17:46)Deano316 Wrote: Have also reworked episode view for Seasons, this is how you'd see it in action. What do you guys think of this one?

This one looks best to me (for season level anyhow), but I think that it's redundant with the season banner as well. How about more flags, or clearart, or both? Also, the season thumb could use a bit of zoom in addition to the edge glow, for a bit more recognition.

+1 it looks really good
(2012-09-18, 17:56)thrak76 Wrote:

Something like this?

(2012-09-18, 18:14)Deano316 Wrote: Something like this?

Yeah, that thumb looks much better like that, IMO. The more i think about it though.. does the season level need any media flags at all? After all, you get flags at show level (minimal), and episode level (full load of flags). How about incorporating the episode counts, and watched/unwatched by the season thumb (same kind of info Nox currently provides...)?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Okay, threw these together quickly. Although Nox can, it doesn't currently display watched/unwatched in episode view at season level AFAIK. My last bit of action for a few hours, duty calls unfortunately Sad Damn! I'm having a creative day today!

I'm actually starting to feel the extra flags, strangely!!
Hugh Laurie's tongue, 16 times in a row... not even Mrs. Laurie gets that kind of treatment!
(2012-09-18, 21:01)CutSickAss Wrote: Hugh Laurie's tongue, 16 times in a row... not even Mrs. Laurie gets that kind of treatment!

Rofl
I was in the gym for 2 hours and I come back to this?! I'm not quoting hughs tongue anymore, but I like where you're going. In regards to the season level, can XBMC show the episode counts for seasons that aren't focused? If not, I suggest putting the focused season count in the bottom left.
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
(2012-09-18, 21:33)defluo Wrote: I was in the gym for 2 hours and I come back to this?! I'm not quoting hughs tongue anymore, but I like where you're going. In regards to the season level, can XBMC show the episode counts for seasons that aren't focused? If not, I suggest putting the focused season count in the bottom left.

I'll look at it when I come back from work, I think asthetically it would be better if you only displayed watched/unmatched for the focused item. Glad you like the progress though, feeling inspired today Big Grin And yes, Hugh Laurie's tongue is getting a lot of action today!!! Rofl
I really like square corners Sad

crappy off centre, but you get the idea...
One last Hugh Laurie pic (!!!) with the episode count in the left corner as suggested:

Going to step away from that for a few days, been throwing around a few ideas for movie views today. First up is an alteration to the Poster view for movies. Largely unchanged aside from the tagline for the focused movie added and the posters being resized:

The idea is that you push down to turn the focused cover over to reveal some details and a trailer window:

This is just an idea for episode view for movies. I already know that the movie thumbs need to be smaller and a couple more added, just want to put the feelers out and get a response about the layout:

Let me know what you think. Big Grin
Has phil or Noid even given any indication that he'd design something posted on this thread? Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I haven't heard (or seen rather) any talk to make me think otherwise. :S

PS. I like the idea of the 3rd one. Looks good to me.
(2012-09-21, 03:49)Deano316 Wrote: One last Hugh Laurie pic (!!!) with the episode count in the left corner as suggested:

Hugh's tongue omitted!

With the episode count in the middle of the flags, it looks a bit confusing to me. I think it would need to be to one side of the flags, and even perhaps with "Episodes" along with it (or watched/unwatched). It just appears like orphaned numbers right now, IMO. Perhaps also reduce the flags to just network and rating. A whole season might not have the same audio codec for every episode (esp. if you get episodes from "grey" sources...).

(2012-09-21, 03:49)Deano316 Wrote: Image

The idea is that you push down to turn the focused cover over to reveal some details and a trailer window:

Let me know what you think. Big Grin

Wow. These I love. I really like the bigger posters, which would also look good in the shift viewtype. How about the edge glow only on the focused title though? It's also a really cool idea to flip the cover around for more info. I'm not sold on the trailer being in that small of a space though - maybe if my tv was HUGE it would work, but I can't see that working for me on a 46". Could easily (maybe?) be an optional setting though. Personally, I'd get more value out of a bit more metadata, than the trailer. I'm with you though... I love trailers. I just prefer them fullscreen, or with the nifty Deano-patented-overlay.

I'll have to think a bit more about the episode viewtype for movies. It's good to start incorporating those new image types though! (You already got Prometheus?!?)

Keep it flowing, man!

(2012-09-21, 04:18)Shinu Wrote: Has phil or Noid even given any indication that he'd design something posted on this thread? Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I haven't heard (or seen rather) any talk to make me think otherwise. :S

Single logo landscape view came straight from Deano316! Just take a look through (your) Nox 3.0 mod thread. BN and phil are receptive to good ideas. After all, this whole thing is open source and community generated. Aeon Nox is definitely "their vision, their decision", though.

(2012-09-21, 04:28)thrak76 Wrote: Wow. These I love. I really like the bigger posters, which would also look good in the shift viewtype. How about the edge glow only on the focused title though? It's also a really cool idea to flip the cover around for more info. I'm not sold on the trailer being in that small of a space though - maybe if my tv was HUGE it would work, but I can't see that working for me on a 46". Could easily (maybe?) be an optional setting though. Personally, I'd get more value out of a bit more metadata, than the trailer. I'm with you though... I love trailers. I just prefer them fullscreen, or with the nifty Deano-patented-overlay.

I'll have to think a bit more about the episode viewtype for movies. It's good to start incorporating those new image types though! (You already got Prometheus?!?)

Keep it flowing, man!

(2012-09-21, 04:18)Shinu Wrote: Has phil or Noid even given any indication that he'd design something posted on this thread? Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I haven't heard (or seen rather) any talk to make me think otherwise. :S

Single logo landscape view came straight from Deano316! Just take a look through the Nox 3.0 mod thread. BN and phil are receptive to good ideas. After all, this whole thing is open source and community generated. Aeon Nox is definitely "their vision, their decision", though.

I like the concept for the new poster look, someone had already created a mod to press down to open the case and reveal a disc inside. It would be even better if the case opening was an animation on a delay similar to the information panel in the showcase, and landscape views.

If we can have the movie title displayed for movies that don't have the specific art type then the episode view for movies would work for me also. With all the new artwork available now from fanart.tv it creates a wider scope for displaying video content than the standard norm.

After playing around with MQ4 the past few days, I prefer the friendlier user acceptance factor of Nox in navigating through setting configurations for widgets, playlists, favourites, artwork etc plus the diverse range of viewtypes. Apart from the new poster view in MQ4 the viewtypes are the same as previous versions, although I am a big fan of the new movie information panel and the way the actors thumbnails are displayed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 Mockup Thread4