• 9(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
Tried some versions above 12033 and all have the same 2 issues:
-Scanning tv shows still produces no new entries in the library
-Full HD not working
Lucky i've got 3 SD cards of which 2 i keep for testing
(2012-10-08, 18:50)rbej Wrote: Delete guisettings.xml.

It is enough to disable videolibrary.updateonstartup.
(2012-10-08, 19:44)kataiba Wrote: -Scanning tv shows still produces no new entries in the library

Fixed in latest OpenELEC build.
Thanks for the incredible work in the first hand.

r12026 worked well for me concerning pvr with either vnsi or (even better) xvdr as backend to my yavdr server.

However, in r12039 xbmc crashed as soon as I activated either of the two vdr addons.

In r12055 xbmc crashes upon activation of the xvdr addon. vnsi can be activated but causes high cpu load (100%) resulting in 7fps and heavy stutter on hdtv streams. I tried deleting the content of userdata, no change.

So from pvr side, r12026 is the last working build in my hands...

Further, I could not manage streaming via airplay from iphone / ipad to raspberry in r12055 or r12039 (ariplay activated in settings).

Any ideas/help are appreciated,

regards

roscho

(2012-10-09, 01:18)roscho Wrote: Thanks for the incredible work in the first hand.

r12026 worked well for me concerning pvr with either vnsi or (even better) xvdr as backend to my yavdr server.

However, in r12039 xbmc crashed as soon as I activated either of the two vdr addons.

In r12055 xbmc crashes upon activation of the xvdr addon. vnsi can be activated but causes high cpu load (100%) resulting in 7fps and heavy stutter on hdtv streams. I tried deleting the content of userdata, no change.

So from pvr side, r12026 is the last working build in my hands...

Further, I could not manage streaming via airplay from iphone / ipad to raspberry in r12055 or r12039 (ariplay activated in settings).

Any ideas/help are appreciated,

regards

roscho

You have also to update the vdr plugins as far as i remember. There where changes there too.
r12055 works very well so far, super quick menus with 900Mhz overclock (big difference from r12026 with same settings) and H264 smooth playback of some file previously freezing at some points (vdec3 makes it's magicWink).
Just noticed some glitches:
- subtitles are not showing, worked fine on r12026. It's a mkv file with embedded subs. No luck even switching subs stream (will give this a try).
- mute is not working. It's red icon is showing at top-right corner, but sound it's not muted. Volume up & down work fine.
- volume is changed just one step even if the remote button is kept pressed, you need to press and release repeatedly.
- video playback freeze like 1/2 seconds before the actual end of the file, but sound continues to play up to the end. Noticed on mkv files and on-line streams.

Tested with a fresh install.
(2012-10-09, 09:24)Salamand3r Wrote: Just noticed some glitches:
- subtitles are not showing, worked fine on r12026. It's a mkv file with embedded subs. No luck even switching subs stream (will give this a try).

does this helps: http://www.raspihub.com/go/20fa93d823e8a...a03dba0f10 ?
greetings, Stephan

(2012-10-09, 10:25)sraue Wrote:

Thanks Stephan, will try tonight when I get home.
By the way, could you explain something about "1080p is now an upscale from 720p".
Another thing that I've noticed with recent builds is that network configuration is sometimes 'erratic'. No matter what's my configuration (dhcp o static) sometimes my Pi gets a strange IP assigned (can't remember exact IP or if it's always the same, but it's definitely not in the 192.168.x.x range it should be). It gets solved when I reboot my router (even if a static IP is configured!). Also, at info screen, DNS server is always shown as 127.0.0.1. Will try to get a more accurate diagnose. If I attach a serial-to-USB cable, will I be able to get to the console?
Gui, subtitles and picture in 1080p is blurry. In 720p everything is sharp. Why??.

1080p is scaled from 720p??.

(2012-10-09, 15:13)rbej Wrote: Gui, subtitles and picture in 1080p is blurry. In 720p everything is sharp. Why??.

yes. bad bad solution this upscaling.....
Imagine this on my 60"....horrible.
(2012-10-09, 10:25)sraue Wrote:

Yes, video calibration did the trick. As far a I remember, subtitles position was set to something around 1040 (fresh install, nothing at guisettings.xml). Then I changed to 650 and everything fine now. Minimum value admitted was 540 (blue bar visible, just about 25% up from the bottom of the screen at 1080p). Maximum value admitted was 900, not visible.
(2012-10-09, 15:18)fernandovg Wrote:
(2012-10-09, 15:13)rbej Wrote: Gui, subtitles and picture in 1080p is blurry. In 720p everything is sharp. Why??.

yes. bad bad solution this upscaling.....
Imagine this on my 60"....horrible.

This upscaling is SHAME!!. Im back to Raspbmc. Newest version of Raspbmc dont have upscalling and picture quality is PERFECT!!. Im back to OpenElec when upscalling is gone.

Giving the user the option to choose whether to run the GUI in true 1080p, or this new "1080p upscaled from 720p" (or whatever it's currently doing, which is noticeably inferior) would seem to be the best solution. I was quite happy with OE in true 1080p with a 1GHz overclocked ARM (it's not even that bad at stock speeds), but I'm not so happy with the GUI as it is now.

Unless there is an option to choose true or fake 1080p for the GUI, switching to another distribution might be the only alternative (which is a shame, as I prefer the simplicity of OpenELEC).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2012-10-10, 13:15)MilhouseVH Wrote: Giving the user the option to choose whether to run the GUI in true 1080p, or this new "1080p upscaled from 720p" (or whatever it's currently doing, which is noticeably inferior) would seem to be the best solution. I was quite happy with OE in true 1080p with a 1GHz overclocked ARM (it's not even that bad at stock speeds), but I'm not so happy with the GUI as it is now.

Unless there is an option to choose true or fake 1080p for the GUI, switching to another distribution might be the only alternative (which is a shame, as I prefer the simplicity of OpenELEC).

It is just a matter of time until other distributions will pick up scaling.
(2012-09-15, 21:37)gimli Wrote:
(2012-09-15, 19:02)onetootreefor Wrote: hey thanks for making this thread here!

i just wanted to mention that on the latest build 11930 i get very pixelated fanart for movies/tv. My resolution is 1080p and fanart was very crisp clean in the previous versions, but in this one I get very pixelated fanart. Im wondering if this is just an issue im experiencing, and i need to reload my DB or if its something everyone else is noticing.

Thats a technical limitation we did for now on the PI. In previous version we had GPU memory issues ( running out ). So we limit the mxiumum size for images, until we have a better solution for that.

Is this in ANY way related to the pixelated display of digital photographs in the "pictures" section?
It seems these suffer from bad upscaling also..

I understand the upscaling in the menu's but im getting my playback at 720p, My menu system is upscaled to 1080p when I play a film which is 1080p also my pi is outputting at 720p then switching back to 1080p upscaled for menus. Is this correct?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12