• 94(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
For me (Rpi 256mb) the best working version with this patch:

[rbp] Fix for stuttery video when seeking before zero
[rbp] [wip] new scheme for handling stalling and buffering
[rbp] Handle resolution changes during video stream.

and without this patch:

[rbp]Check free memory, and if plenty use full size buffers for reading files
"new Network Cache" (alwaysforcebuffer)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dx2947u48a654ku

(2013-02-21, 13:40)popcornmix Wrote: Obviously some difference in environments provokes this bug. Would be good to identify what it is. Possibilities are:
Speed of directory you are streaming from - any difference in behaviour when video file is on sdcard/usb/nfs/samba?
Guisetting - does changing "extract thumbnails", "use fanart", "adjust display refesh", display resolution, audio passthrough, vsync etc make any difference?
Advancedsettings - guires?
config.txt - gpu_mem, overclock?

512MB Pi here, normally overclocked to 1GHz but I'm trying it now at stock speeds - and the situation is looking up, as all of my test files are now playing consistently (slower to start, but that's to be expected).

So maybe it's a timing issue/race condition of some kind? I'll start cranking up the ARM and Core speeds to see where it begins to fail...

My current config.txt is below (the commented out items are the values I normally run with, and which work fine in stock OE):

Code:
#gpu_mem=128
#gpu_mem_256=128
#gpu_mem_512=128
gpu_mem=256

#arm_freq=1000
#core_freq=500
#sdram_freq=600
#over_voltage=4
#over_voltage_sdram=2

current_limit_override=0x5A000020
#force_turbo=1

config_hdmi_boost=7
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_pixel_encoding=1

decode_MPG2=0xe99..ea
decode_WVC1=0xfc7..a1

and my current advancedsettings.xml (which also works with OE):

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<!--
  <loglevel>0</loglevel>
-->

<fanartres>720</fanartres>
  <thumbres>512</thumbres>
  <imageres>512</imageres>

<splash>false</splash>
  <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>

<gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
    <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
    <visualizedirtyregions>off</visualizedirtyregions>
  </gui>

<videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>freenas2-jail</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>freenas2-jail</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </musicdatabase>

</advancedsettings>

I'm relying on the default advancedsettings.xml in /usr/share/xbmc/system to set the network buffer and lookandfeel settings, so I haven't duplicated those in my own advancedsettings.xml, in which case my guires is 720.

As for guisettings.xml, I delete this when trying your build so that it is created from scratch at boot, in which case all my settings are at default, including the RSS ticker being enabled!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Dammit, sorry people... a few more reboots and although I'm back at stock speeds (see config.txt above), I'm back to square one with no videos playing/dark grey background, so maybe I just got lucky in my previous post. I'll try some local media and see how that fares at stock speeds....

(2013-02-21, 13:58)FattyMcDirty Wrote: so what's you latest build we should test?
or where to get the really latest official nightly?

For rbej builds, and to diagnose the current failure, I'm testing this one.

For latest official nightly, http://openelec.thestateofme.com/
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Not much luck with local media, either when "booting" the Pi over NFS (loading SYSTEM over NFS) or from SD card (SYSTEM loaded from SD). In both cases /storage remained mounted over NFS.

I did have another occasion where pretty much everything played as it should, again while at stock speeds, so it may still be a timing issue...then again it may have been luck on my part, as it's nigh on impossible to reproduce.
I do not have access to a Linux machine with a SD slot.Image
(2013-02-21, 14:55)MilhouseVH Wrote: Not much luck with local media, either when "booting" the Pi over NFS (loading SYSTEM over NFS) or from SD card (SYSTEM loaded from SD). In both cases /storage remained mounted over NFS.

I did have another occasion where pretty much everything played as it should, again while at stock speeds, so it may still be a timing issue...then again it may have been luck on my part, as it's nigh on impossible to reproduce.

It does feel like a timing race condition, but there's something about my environment at work that make it hard to reproduce (possibly the slower than average nfs drive).
I'll try playing from usb and varying overclock (although I'm at 1G now, so I'll have to overclock less).
Possibly I'll have more luck at home where the nfs mount is faster.
Edit: After a reboot, second file doesn't play, and no further file plays, so r13354 from rbej doesn't seem to solve any problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I didn't have the same issues with video playback of high definition mkv, with the latest build from rbej (r13354) playback starts smoother and faster than in recent builds (Frodo Final 3). That means, after some time of the circle turning in the lower right corner, the screen turns black immediately, instead of the background becoming grey first behind the file list. Video files not playing happened only once in a recent build, but with the newest one mentioned above all files are playing well so far.

I've got model B 256 MB with gpu_mem=100, files come via USB HDD (NTFS formatted), and I have no advancedsettings.xml. TV resolution is 1366x768, files are 1080p.
well... with your latest posted build playback doesn't even start again. Sad switched to the official build now.. all working FINE Sad
How is possible than some persons dont have any problems with my last build and other have big problems??.

Build "last" chance.

I remove new scheme buffering patch and "big buffer patch". Now must work for everyone Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/?4oxljw29ki6sci8

Popcornmix.

I see this patch:

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commit/render_bar

This patch is include into new scheme buffering patch. Maybe this cause issues??

While comparing different builds, I've seen that your r13354(fine) build has sound problems when transferring the update files via sftp while playing a 1080p h.264/dts-remux mkv file. The sound stops working for some time (maybe 10 to 30 seconds), the video however plays fine and smooth. The newer r13354(test) and the "official" r13354 from thestateofme.com stop playing the file in the same situation for about 0.5 seconds several times, however, the sound doesn't disappear during video playback. So the new scheme for handling stalling and buffering maybe needs some more testing and tweaking.

As for the issue of videos sometimes not starting to play, I had problems with the newest r13354(test) as well. I haven't seen such issues with the "official" build r13354. I have no advancedsettings.xml at the moment. Maybe you could tell me which parameters to put into the network section of this file? I have a 256 MB RPi.
Download official.

https://raw.github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC...ttings.xml

I observe changelogs in my builds and last fully working build for everyone, not have 4 Popcornmix patches. This patches is realy great, but not working with some systems.

Same as above with this advancedsettings.xml. I can't tell when the problems appeared, as I was more listenings music the last days and often the movies just start fine. But I think that your Frodo Final 2.5 and maybe the first Final 3 builds were ok? Unfortunately, I've deleted them on my PC. If you upload them anew, I would willingly test them.
The latest Build fixes my issues with sound out of sync. Thanks to everyone involved
(2013-02-21, 17:58)hpbaxxter Wrote: If you upload them anew, I would willingly test them.

Frodo Final 3 updated to last OpenElec build

(without 4 Popcornmix patches and without Both HDMI and Analog audio output patch)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rrxp0767n13knr0

(2013-02-21, 18:54)Slatri Wrote: The latest Build fixes my issues with sound out of sync. Thanks to everyone involved

This buid fixes issues audio out of sync??

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1343917

You have any problems with playing movies??. (movies sometimes not playing)

@rbej
This looks good for SSA/ASS subs users:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2273
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12