• 102(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-02-26, 19:44)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-02-26, 19:11)MilhouseVH Wrote: Did adding textmode and/or ip=dhcp get you anywhere? Your network is brought up using values from settings.xml so it might be worth deleting settings.xml before trashing your installation.

Yes thanks, I was able to WinSCP in and edit settings.xml. I'll try deleting it. Do you think it's likely that this could cause XBMC to get stuck in a restart loop though?

The network config is read from settings.xml, and is actioned long before XBMC is started, so if you delete it and still have an XBMC restart loop then the network related changes are almost certainly not the cause of the restart.

By the way, if you touch "/var/lock/xbmc.disabled" then XBMC should stop automatically restarting (until you delete xbmc.disabled).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks both of you.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-02-26, 19:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: The network config is read from settings.xml, and is actioned long before XBMC is started, so if you delete it and still have an XBMC restart loop then the network related changes are almost certainly not the cause of the restart.

By the way, if you touch "/var/lock/xbmc.disabled" then XBMC should stop automatically restarting (until you delete xbmc.disabled).

So I assume the OpenElec addon settings.xml which also contains the network settings couldn't be changing them when XBMC loads and causing problems, regardless of what's set in var/config/settings.xml? I set the IP Address to "" in the OpenElec settings.xml anyway.

If I can stop it restarting with xbmc.disabled what would I do next to find what's causing the problem?
Not sure why the addon would be running when XBMC starts, it should only run when you start it.

I would try starting xbmc.bin manually using ssh, and see if anything is output which might give a clue why it is failing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I cant get 1080p to stream from my nas to the Pi over wifi without buffering issues no matter what I try. Anyone have success streaming 1080p without it stuttering?

Raspberry PI
512 MB
Openelec
8GB SDHC Card

I can stream 1080p to my wdtv live with no issues so I know its not the network.
(2013-02-26, 20:11)MilhouseVH Wrote: Not sure why the addon would be running when XBMC starts, it should only run when you start it.

I would try starting xbmc.bin manually using ssh, and see if anything is output which might give a clue why it is failing.

OK, I just assumed it would be auto-running when XBMC starts.

I'll try starting xbmc.bin manually as you suggest.
Rbej Frodo Branch

http://www.mediafire.com/?10456ccz13ard

- Xbmc 12.2 Frodo (02.05.2013)
- Rpi kernel 3.9.y (26.05.2013)
- Rpi firmware (26.05.2013)
- Pvr Addon (20.04.2013) with MythTV 1.6.10
- Xvdr Addon 0.9.8
- Gpu memory set to 100mb on default for Rpi 256mb (fix kernal killing Xbmc task on Rpi 256mb board) and Gpu memory set to 256mb on default for Rpi 512mb.

Special features

- enable 128mb swap file

- add Gui resolution change (taken from XBIAN)

- remove battery level info from System Information and add info about build version (taken from XBIAN)

- NFS auto-update patches for USB/NFS/SMB on Rpi

- remove Cpu usage bar from System Information

- Network Cache Redux

- librtmp (16.05.2013)

- FFmpeg 1.2

- play CD audio on Rpi

- subs, speed UI, PVR and AirTunes fixes

- Wake On Access (woa) - 'Just in time' WOL when accessing MySQL or FileShare Server

- CEC 2.1.3

- PR 2700 adopted to OmxPlayer

- [rbp/omxplayer] Support automatic deinterlace correctly. Fixed deinterlace and better audio sync after errors (works perfect with my out of sync test files). Please set deinterlace to Auto.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read this:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1388

No more cachemembuffersize in advenced setting. Please delete it and add this:

<alwaysforcebuffer>true</alwaysforcebuffer>
<freememorycachepercent>5</freememorycachepercent>

1. alwaysforcebuffer: This will force everything ran through dvdplayer to be buffered that would not be normal buffered except Optical Media. This includes SMB, Local Files, OS Network Shares, etc.

2. freememorycachepercent: The amount of free memory to use as buffer size. Please note that of the percentage of free memory used ~75% will be used for forward buffering and ~25% will be used for the back buffer.

Add to advencedsettings <guires>XXXX</guires>

XXXX = GUI resolution. 480p,720p,900p,1080p. <guires>720</guires>, <guires>1080</guires> etc...

Update Instruction:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...g_OpenELEC

For Rpi 512Mb set gpu_mem=256 and change GUI to 1080p.

For Rpi 256Mb set gpu_mem=100 and change GUI to 900p.

or clean install:

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...spberry_Pi

(2013-02-20, 03:46)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-02-20, 01:53)rbej Wrote: - add NFS auto-update patches for USB/NFS/SMB on Rpi

Anyone currently booting from USB, NFS or SMB will need to perform a manual update of their system to get on to the kernel that includes USB/NFS/SMB auto-update support - don't try to auto-update to this new release with your current kernel! Once you have manually updated your system you should then be able to auto-update in future simply by dropping SYSTEM+KERNEL+MD5 files into your Update folder, and rebooting.
@MilhouseVH:
What I usually do before update is edit my config.txt so no overclock settings are present at the time of the update. This allows the update to run smoothly (by dropping the files in the Update folder and restarting).

My config.txt settings with overclock:
Code:
# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
gpu_mem=100

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=256

# Overclock mode 'Medium'
arm_freq=900
core_freq=333
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2
force_turbo=0
initial_turbo=30

and without overclock:
Code:
# default GPU memory split (do not change if you do not know what you are doing)
gpu_mem=100

# SDRAM size based GPU memory split, uncomment and setup to override 'gpu_mem'
gpu_mem_256=100
gpu_mem_512=256

force_turbo=0

Yesterday I was updating from a kernel with this feature already to a new one and I just did what you proposed: simply dropping the above mentioned files in the Update folder (my config.txt was not changed, meaning it had OC settings on)...but it didn't work out well.

After the first reboot (when the update is to be carried out), the update process took much longer than it normally does but it completed. When it restarted automatically, it was no longer possible to boot (stuck in colorful Pi startup screen). I took the SD card out, suspecting that SYSTEM partition had been corrupted (like it used to happen when updating with overclock on), but it wasn't... Still then, the Pi didn't boot at all.

I had to reinstall the SD card with the fresh install procedure (from the same rbej build image and then delete and recreate the STORAGE partition in SD card (I now use it to keep other files). After this, my Pi came back to life with everything updated...

Any clue of what may have happened or can I provide any insight to help figure this out? Or did I misunderstood the purpose of this patch?
(2013-02-27, 09:01)rbej Wrote: - CEC 2.1.0 with many fixes for Rpi

Please report on whether this build is working for CEC as there are some changes with how CEC handles state changes.
Can you check if CEC remote control works initially.
Whether it handles HDMI mode changes (e.g. the automatic switching to 1080p24 when playing a video file and back again).
Whether it handles switching channel away from Pi and back.
Whether it handles switching off the TV and switching back on.
Are the new buffer settings included in official builds?

Is is possible to be much more aggressive percent for wifi networks? Could you use 80% or such?

Sorry I know this gets asked a lot, but my syntax is correct? I dont need spacing between line s or such.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<alwaysforcebuffer>false</alwaysforcebuffer>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
(2013-02-27, 13:00)Wanderlei Wrote: Are the new buffer settings included in official builds?

Is is possible to be much more aggressive percent for wifi networks? Could you use 80% or such?

Sorry I know this gets asked a lot, but my syntax is correct? I dont need spacing between line s or such.

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<alwaysforcebuffer>false</alwaysforcebuffer>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Don't you want:
<alwaysforcebuffer>true</alwaysforcebuffer>
to help with wifi. Otherwise I believe it only applies to internet streams.
(2013-02-27, 09:01)rbej Wrote: Rbej Frodo Brench

http://www.mediafire.com/?10456ccz13ard

- Xbmc 12.0.3 Frodo (many new fixes) (25.02.2013)
- Rpi kernel 3.6.y (25.02.2013)
- Rpi firmware (25.02.2013)
- Pvr Addon (16.02.2013) with PVR TvHeadend 1.6.18 and MythTv 1.6.9 (21.02.2013)
- Xvdr Addon (25.02.2013)
- Gpu memory set to 100mb on default for Rpi 256mb (fix kernal killing Xbmc task on Rpi 256mb board) and Gpu memory set to 256mb on default for Rpi 512mb.

Only in my build:

- enable 128mb swap file

- add Gui resolution change (taken from XBIAN)

- add new Network Cache.

- add Both HDMI and analog audio output

- remove battery level info from System Information and add info about build version (taken from XBIAN)

- Handle resolution changes during video stream

- NFS auto-update patches for USB/NFS/SMB on Rpi

- Fix for stuttery video when seeking before zero

- CEC 2.1.0 with many fixes for Rpi

Thanks rbej. Just wondered if you could possibly highlight what's changed since your last build when posting a new one, something like

- Rpi kernel 3.6.y (25.02.2013) [UPDATED] (I realise this hasn't actually changed since the last build, just giving an example)

or

- CEC 2.1.0 with many fixes for Rpi [NEW]

which would save us having to find your previous post to compare with the latest one to see what's changed and whether it's something that's worth each of us updating for (I currently can't use CEC for example, so it makes sense for me to skip this build)?

If you could, that would be most helpful thanks.
If you dont use CEC dont update build. New CEC version is only one difference.

Yeah, I worked that out after comparing to your previous build post, I'm just asking if you could make it clear what has changed in future to make it easier for us to see?
Of course Wink

• 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12