Changing Home Screen Button Function
Hi Guys,

I'm new to XBMC and XML. I did some quick searches but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I am using Eden on OS X. I would like to change the function of the "Videos" button on the home screen. Basically when this button is selected I want it to open the /Users/<currentuser>/Movies folder submenu directly and bypass all the default submenus. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and if so, point me in the general direction? I found the code in the Home.xml file that controls what this button does but I don't know what to change it to.

TIA!

Cannon
You want file or library mode?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Welcome to the XBMC forums, cannonmi.

As alluded to by mad-max's question above, there are a couple of ways you can approach this.

Assuming you are using the default Confluence skin and that you have /Users/<currentuser>/Movies defined as a media source, change the following setting: System/Settings > Skin > Home window options > "Videos" button always goes to video "Files" (enable this)
This way, when you click the VIDEOS button, you will be taken directly to the page with the "Movies" item (your Movies folder). When you click on "Movies", you see the list of movies within that folder. This doesn't give you exactly what you requested because you still have to click on "Movies" before you get to the list. Of course, you can certainly modify the skin to do what you want, but that's outside the scope of my knowledge.

However, the better solution is to scan your movies into the library. In addition to the intrinsic advantages of having your movies catalogued in a database, a MOVIES button will be added to your XBMC homepage. When you click on the MOVIES button, all your movies will be listed directly, without having to drill down menus. Optionally, you can hide the VIDEOS button and just have the MOVIES button which you use to list and play your movies.
Thanks artrafel, I will give option 2 a try

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Home Screen Button Function1