• 153(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
If you can use a wired network it would be preferable to using wireless

You could also consider a baytrail celeron NUC (2820) as it's a newer generation, has room for a normal 2.5" size SSD rather than requiring a special mSata one, and also includes wireless built in and also USB3 ports which could be useful for your external HDD if you have a USB3 one or plan to get one later. The celeron is still powerful enough to do the things you mention, i think the area where you would want to step up to an i3 rather than celeron is when getting into heavy stuff like 3D or 4K. For normal 1080P viewing and streaming, they are apparently fine. There is a seaprate dedicated thread for that model so go check it out
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'll be sure to check that one out.
Have just set up a DC3217IYE NUC to run XBMC and have a big issue with noise feedback through the speakers of my receiver. I'm in the UK.

I seperated all the wires for the NUC and the receiver and it still happens.

Its like a faint ringing/buzz that varies in pitch as the NUC does its thing. The Sub is very loud and has to be turned off.

Anyone have this issue and have the fix?
Tried different HDMI cables?

Tried the HDMI cable from NUC straight to telly?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I tried a different cable - same thing.

I have hooked up the NUC direct to the TV and its OK, no noises.

I think I'm going to have to hook the NUC to the TV and run an optical cable to the receiver. No big deal I guess although I don't know if it will mean I'll lose sound options - Digital?

Another new thing this morning is that I think I have buffering issues. Yesterday I ripped two blurays, Watchmen and Transformers. I tried Watchmen yesterday and it was fine. Today, it buffers constantly and is un-watchable.

I also have an issue with music in that the first few seconds of some tracks are broken up.

House is all wired with Cat6, server should be up to the job and the HDs are WD Red 3TB drives with Win7 on a seperate drive (If that helps)
(2014-04-04, 20:28)eddscott Wrote: Have just set up a DC3217IYE NUC to run XBMC and have a big issue with noise feedback through the speakers of my receiver. I'm in the UK.

I seperated all the wires for the NUC and the receiver and it still happens.

Its like a faint ringing/buzz that varies in pitch as the NUC does its thing. The Sub is very loud and has to be turned off.

Anyone have this issue and have the fix?

What Amp are you using? There was a known fault with some older Onkyos that only manifested itself with some HDMI sources (and was worse with Audyssey room compensation enabled) which sounds very much like what you are hearing.
Receiver is an Onkyo 828. I thought I solved the issue by plugging the HDMI From the NUC direct to the TV and an optical output from the TV to the receiver. However, it starts when I plug the receiver output HDMI cable into the TV. Even when not selected on the receiver it does it. When I got half hour I will switch the receiver to a spare I have and see if it does it.
Putting the noise issue to one side I am narrowing down my playback issues to the NUC.

I installed XBMC onto my gaming PC and can stream the music and films fine - even the 30gb mkv files.

On the NUC music freezes for the first 10 seconds or so of each track and the big mkv files keep buffering all the time.
Hi, new member but long time xbmc user. I've recently bought a 3217 i3 nuc which is running win 7 and xbmc. It performs great but I have one issue. I have a bluray rip which has a dts-hd soundtrack 7.1. I have the nuc connected to my amp which in turn is connected to the tv. With audio pass through on in xbmc and dts-hd selected the amp shows the correct audio but I have no picture. Xbmc plays just the soundtrack as though it was a music file. Any ideas? Ps plays fine in vlc

Thanks
Guy
Figured it out, x265 codec.
Hello. I have problems playing video files after waking up my celeron nuc from sleep. Its Openelec 3.2. Could it be an HDMI handshake issue? I run through a SONY Blu ray player 5.1 system. Log here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146762

A reboot cures all issues but is pretty annoying.

Thanks for any advice.
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
(2014-04-14, 13:50)smallclone Wrote: Hello. I have problems playing video files after waking up my celeron nuc from sleep. Its Openelec 3.2. Could it be an HDMI handshake issue? I run through a SONY Blu ray player 5.1 system. Log here:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=146762

A reboot cures all issues but is pretty annoying.

Thanks for any advice.

So it appears that it may be the "suspend" issue from Openelec on a USB rather than a SSD.

Is there a script that solves this?

Thanks
OSMC Vero 4K, Intel NUC Celeron 847, ODroid N2+, Raspberry Pi3 LibreELEC. Amazon Fire TV
Vizio  Atmos 7.1
LG 65" OLED
Hello,
Can someone share their NUC 3217BY invoice? I lost my receipt and Intel asks me for receipt for support request. If someone wants to share i'll suggest to blackout your cc info (though most invoice dont have it)
(2014-04-22, 15:46)saudagar Wrote: Hello,
Can someone share their NUC 3217BY invoice? I lost my receipt and Intel asks me for receipt for support request. If someone wants to share i'll suggest to blackout your cc info (though most invoice dont have it)

Goto Amazon. View an invoice. Save it to your PC. Edit it with notepad, change the date/price and description. Save it and email them that.
Sounds like fraud and forgery.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24