• 67(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
(2013-05-09, 18:46)Intel Wrote:
(2013-05-09, 17:14)voip-ninja Wrote: You guys using the Simerec, are you also using a USB IR receiver to control functions under OpenElec?

Simerec is only for power on/off, so yes, I'm using a cheap ir receiver ($6) from ebay with my Harmony One+. I would recommend a "Media Center Edition" ir receiver, it's easier to set up.

Thanks, that's what I figured. It's a shame that Simerec doesn't simply make a combo receiver that plugs into USB (as well as tapping power) so that it can do the MCE stuff as well as power on/off.
(2013-05-09, 17:14)voip-ninja Wrote: You guys using the Simerec, are you also using a USB IR receiver to control functions under OpenElec?

I am using Flirc to control Openelec
FLIRC good.
What makes it better than any regular MCE receiver on the market? You can get one for $8 that does pretty much anything when running OpenElec.
(2013-04-27, 03:09)PhilJayJ Wrote: My two Celeron NUCs arrived yesterday. Found some time today to install XBMC and I couldn't be happier. I've been using a pretty old Popcorn Hour for a good few years now and for a relatively bargain price, the NUC is just amazing!

Just got to play around with a Sony Google TV remote to see if that will work with the NUC - any ideas?

Phil

I spoke to soon. I tried streaming a couple of MKVs from my NAS but the jumpy/choppy playback was unbearable and the fan sounded like the NUC was about to take off. I tried all recommended solutions like 'adjust display refresh rate to match video' and 'sync playback to display' but didn't get any luck with these either.

Back to the drawing board for now Sad
Crushed black and darkish screen sollution at http://openelec.tv/forum/67-display/6234...t=78#73205

Brightness and contrast are not in GUI when HW video acceleration is enabled, and you really dont wont to disable that. Smile
XBMCbuntu has brightness and contrast because it does software decoding, which is not cool (even to processor Wink).
Openelec 3.0.2 does also have this if you turn off HW acceleration... but you can resolve this over shell without turning off HW acceleration.

Have phun and if you find this usefull you can give me some "+". Wink
Now I have to resolve also a decent IR remote sollution with power on/off sollution.

Did anyone tried http://www.streacom.com/products/irpb-receiver/ ?

It looks promising.

More info in their PDF: http://www.streacom.com/downloads/ug/irpb.pdf
(2013-05-11, 09:56)PobjoySpecial Wrote: Good find, but I don't think the NUC has a persistent +5v source.

For a device marketed as a HTPC, it makes you wonder why Intel didn't include a CIR header or HDMI-CEC support. There's always a compromise...

It does have a 5v connection. 2 of the pins in the internal usb have it. It is in this thread.
(2013-05-08, 16:17)Kentbrockman Wrote: Is anyone experiencing over scan with their Nuc?
I have it connected to a Samsung 55" lcd and using the standard 16:9 picture setting I have about 1" over scan all around.

For now I have adjusted it within xbmc but I was wondering if anyone knows of a better solution.

Thanks

I switched from the first HDMI connection to the second and got rid of the overscan in Windows on my Samsung TV.
My Samsung has a picture mode called "screen fit" which removes the over scan. It sounded like a zoom mode to me so I initially stayed away from it but this is the right mode to achieve a 1:1 pixel mapping.

Now if I could just figure out how to wake the Nuc with my harmony I'll be all set.
(2013-05-12, 02:36)PobjoySpecial Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 14:57)churchwa Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 09:56)PobjoySpecial Wrote: Good find, but I don't think the NUC has a persistent +5v source.

It does have a 5v connection. 2 of the pins in the internal usb have it. It is in this thread.

There is a key word before +5V.

Well how is the simerec working for people to power on the system without persistent 5v? Maybe I am missing the point here as electronics is not my forte.
There are pin headers on the board for power button and LEDs etc.

Use the Search this thread box up top for simerec and you'll see the pin outs drawing.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Yes, I know that. I am asking pobjoyspecial why he thinks there is no 5v in the nuc when powered off.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24