[RELEASE] Xbox Net Loader
Thumbs Up 
xbox net loader

this script allows you to set up apps/games that are stored on a networked for easy fetching and execution. it also handles remote xiso's. if you're like me and don't have a chipped xbox with an 300 gig hd Smile then you will probably find it useful. (it's also great, if like me, your xbox's dvd drive has read problems)

pick it up here: xbox net loader
update (oct 7): save management, better error handling (ie no more lockups - i hope =] ) and much easier game setup.
update (sep 20): update button, ftp browser improvements, important bug fixes.
update (sep 15): switch target drives on the fly. oh, and if it didn't work for you before, it should now Smile

please email me you find any bugs (enjoy those bugs Smile )

if you use it at all let me know! i wanna hear what you think.

ruuk

this sounds like a very nice script that i may use a lot Smile

but i can't find pygtk 2.4 for my xp media center pc. all i see on the site is source files which i don't know what to do with.

and the only gtk i can find is gtk+. will that work?

i have python 2.4
(ruuk @ aug. 07 2005,03:16 Wrote:xbox net loader

this script allows you to set up apps/games on a networked pc, and then from an xbmc python script, fetch and run them. it also handles remote xiso's (albeit slower) if you're like me and don't have a chipped xbox with an 300 gig hd Smile then you will probably find it useful. (it's also great, if like me, your xbox's dvd drive has read problems)

pick it up here: xbox net loader

please email me you find any bugs (enjoy those bugs Smile )

if you use it at all let me know! i wanna hear what you think.

ruuk
you must install it also into pc?
can you just run the script from xbox?
Great Success!
you do need the pc app to create a config fiile for each game/app. once they are set up you can do everything from the xbox. maybe i will make it work from just the xbox (which is doable), but that would require the use of samba and a bit of work on my part. Smile even so you would still need to do setup for the games/apps which is much easier from the pc gui. (once you get it installed Smile)

eventually, for windows, i will make a binary (.exe) version, once i figure out the conversion process.

for now here is where you can get the requirements (sorry i meant gtk+ in my readme).

pygtk 2.4 for gtk+ 2.4 here (installer)

the page this is from is here:
http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_...pygtk.html

gtk+ 2.4 (installer)

the page this is from is here:
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/

i believe gtk+ 2.6 would work as well, but this is the version i have installed.

thanks for the questions. i'm going to update the readme with these links. also sorry for the pain in setup Smile
good work!
i'll try it asap.
good job Smile
Great Success!
link for xbox net loader does not work. i really want to try this script out. if this works.. i cant believe it :kickass:
what i always wanted
i dunno how u do it
thanks
just wanna point out (because i know how teh n00bs think)

people, this is a solution to copy the game or app to xbox before playing, you can't play it directly from pc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

could someone verify that the link works? it works for me fine from both my linux box and my winxp box.

thanks

ruuk
works fine.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
(pike @ aug. 07 2005,19:39 Wrote:people, this is a solution to copy the game or app to xbox before playing, you can't play it directly from pc
you can use just samba from xbox to copy games or apps? Huh
Great Success!
you can use samba in xbmc to copy a game/app in the file manager. that involves opening the file manager browsing to a destination, browsing to the source, copying the directory, and browsing to launch it (and if yoou didn't have enough space you would need to browse to other items first and delete them)

what xbox net loader does is (once configured) present you with one list of your apps/games (no matter where they are stored on your network, which can be multiple locations, and possibly in xiso format) and once you select it, the script copies and runs it. from this same list it is easy to remove games/apps you have configured.
so basically, it manages which apps/games you have installed on your xbox.

it can fetch via samba, but also via http and ftp (which are both at least twice as fast as samba in my script - though i haven't actually tested the speed of the xbmc file manager samba copy yet, so that is possibly not as slow as the script samba)

and by the way, i may have a windows binary coming soon for the pc app.
windows binary installer now available at main page

http://2ndmind.net/xnetload

somebody let me know how it works for you, it works in my test, but i need somone to do a clean install Smile

ruuk
i get

Quote:traceback (most recent call last):
file "xnlcp.py", line 1023, in ?
file "xnlcp.py", line 499, in
file "xnlcp.py", line 826, in make_cfgs_list
windowserror: [errno 3] the system cannot find the path specified: 'e:\\program files\\xnl-pc\\srccfgs/*.*'
traceback (most recent call last):
file "xnlcp.py", line 1023, in ?
file "xnlcp.py", line 499, in
file "xnlcp.py", line 826, in make_cfgs_list
windowserror: [errno 3] the system cannot find the path specified: 'e:\\program files\\xnl-pc\\srccfgs/*.*'

what do i do? :veryangry:
try downloading and installing again. i believe i found and fixed that error Smile
new version 0.74b

some fixes, but now 40% faster transfers! Smile (at least via ftp which is what i've tested the changes with, but it should affect the speed if the other methods to varying degrees)

get it here!

ruuk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xbox Net Loader0