• 4(current)
[RELEASE] FilmOn Plugin v1.5 Live TV Sreaming
(2012-09-22, 16:27)castalla Wrote: But you're prepared to pay to Murdoch!!!!Huh?

Nope, I personally don't pay a penny for it and I'm not pirating it!
But even so, I don't see how that's relevant?

It's no big deal though?
I'm surprised your getting all stressed out about how "I" feel about something?

I'm not saying you should do what I do,
I'm not saying that it's wrong what mike is doing,
I'm not saying he should change it,
I'm not saying I'm right,
I'm not saying you are wrong,
I'm not saying or arguing with anyone about anything what so ever...

I just said, thanks but its not for "me" as singing up to a random non related websites to use a plugin is a headache for me and I can't be bothered going down that route "personally"

Again... I don't know why you are being so pedantic and assumptions dude!

I use TVC and I login with my TVC account.
I use YouTube and login with my YouTube account.
I use many other plugins that require no logins at all.

I only asked but if you look back, at no point did I get all arsey about it, you seem to be all tetchy about it as if I'm having a go...

Just calm down man, so aggressive?

@mike
Yea I totally understand why you have it this way and I absolutely respect that desicion (as I said previously) I also think that a filmon plugin has been somewhat lacking round here and top marks for creating it as it sounds great (epg etc).

If you chose to open it up I'll be first it line to have a shot and I hope you continue to make more awesome plugins.
Keep up the great work dude and I for one use and appreciate all your plugins.

@PatrickBateman, Can you point me to the page that says screw the man, or that xbmchub.com promotes piracy? Not trying to be offensive, I just haven't seen that and it's not really what we try to promote.

Our point of view is that it's the user's choice and responsibility to decide what is right or wrong and legal or illegal for them. There's a lot of F.U.D. being spread over "piracy" and what people assume is piracy (such as FilmOn). I invite you and anyone else to swing by and check out the community first hand. We also regularly have discussions about what really is legal or illegal in the USA (where most of the troublemakers are =P )
(2012-09-22, 11:17)mikey1234 Wrote: You won't be moaning when soon you will have the ability to record anything off filmon with a click of a button

No hdd space required all cloud based for quick access later

Atv2 will soon be a personal pvr without wasting space

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!

Or rather watch other space on other forum

That sounds awesome, loving your work. Just one request if this does come to fruition, could you keep the option to download to HDD, as some of us may like to store a local copy for when internet access is not available. If that is possible.
(2012-09-22, 17:34)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: @PatrickBateman, Can you point me to the page that says screw the man, or that xbmchub.com promotes piracy? Not trying to be offensive, I just haven't seen that and it's not really what we try to promote.

Our point of view is that it's the user's choice and responsibility to decide what is right or wrong and legal or illegal for them. There's a lot of F.U.D. being spread over "piracy" and what people assume is piracy (such as FilmOn). I invite you and anyone else to swing by and check out the community first hand. We also regularly have discussions about what really is legal or illegal in the USA (where most of the troublemakers are =P )

Hey,
absolutely... It's not hard to find, it's in quite a few places...

For example!
Front page UFC LINK:

Quote from XBMCHUB:
Quote:"Congratulations! You’re now watching UFC Live on Navi-X for XBMC without paying a dime for the event, stick it to the man. Why not tell some of your friends about this?"

Source:
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/08/11/w...e-on-xbmc/

I fail to see how that is not exactly what I said?

Film on is perfectly legal here in the UK (AFAIK) I never said it wasn't. What i said was... I didn't want to be "forced" into signing into a site that openly states that above sentenceto use a plugin that is for a legal service such as film on... A perfect legally service, but not related to the forum itself.

It's like being forced to register to TPB to use the iplayer?

Guys,
I wasn't having a go?
Why is everyone being so defensive, all I said was "thanks, it's just not for me"

Its ok that I don't want to do something, I'm not judging anyone. I jut can't be bothered and don't want to do that. It's ok that you guys do.
I also don't like registering on sites to uploads pics, I hate registering on things I don't have to that's all.

It's like many things in life, I don't get dressed in a suit unless I have to, but I know my grand dad does it every day for some reason, he's not wrong, but neither am I.

Oh no, I wasn't saying it wasn't there, just that it shouldn't be and I hadn't seen it =)
quote - Nope, I personally don't pay a penny for it and I'm not pirating it! - unquote

Well, somebody has to pay something - it's not free from the Dirty Digger - unless you work for Sky!
If you really must know,
My parents recently got sky (free for a year promo)

As they don't use iOS devices etc (too old) I use the family member access to sky go (legally) using a skygo user account created for the "family" iPad I happen to have here Smile

Sky are happy with this usage, I'm happy, my parents are happy, and after 1 year they will decide if they are keeping It installed (more than likely yes) and the process will apply.

Let's leave the rest of this to the filmon plugin though bro, but feel free to pm if you need to Smile

For what it is worth,

I am the creator of XBMC HUB. First:

@Patrick: I feel that you have made a general decision about our site on your own pretense and there in leaveing me little room to explain or sway you to see things differently, so I will not wast my time, nor yours. As to everyone having issues with your thoughts. It is simple... You say it's not for you, should you leave it there - no one would have an issue, or another word. Instead, you continue to respond aggressively and with obvious insult to each statement. You have every right, obviously, to labor your point of view, but this is why people continue to respond to you. (surely you know that though)I feel you have been heard... If you agree, and you simply stop seeking the last word Wink the conversation could move on and continue in relation to the release of mikey1234's

Also, Just because one phrase states "sticking it to the man" does not a pirate make! NaviX IS STICKING IT TO THE MAN! NaviX offers content, for free, that you would otherwise have to pay for! If you use NaviX, you have the same moral ground as any and every user at the HUB. Though we all may vary in some of our opinions, XBMC HUB is a place where we welcome the discussion, as long as it is a discussion Wink

@therest... XBMC HUB was created in the mindset of FREEDOM not PIRACY. These addons were supported here in XBMC.org for years..l that is until last Jan. It was when their stance on these issues changed, or perhaps was made clear, that I decided to give these DEVS a home as XBMC was opting to remove them. I love XBMC, this community, and the developers who give to us users all year, every year.

If you are a supporter of XBMC's stance on what constitutes piracy, you won't want the HUB. That said, NaviX is simply a master collection (of sorts) of the addons found on the HUB... And yet that is seen to be okay for this forum and community. All the while, addons that are based on the same links as NaviX... and a community that supports "those" , and their DEVS, are all seen as immoral, illegal, or as having a loose stance on piracy. This, to me, is sad... And a simple sign of the confusion that exists in this arena.

I welcome any and all to check out the HUB. We are not a replacement for this forum, as many of us are still active here... We are simply a home for addons that can't, or won't, be supported here. Should they decide to drop SKYF1 tomorrow, our community would find a way to get you to it by Monday Wink

As to the topic at hand. Mikey1234 has made this call on his own. He does not make ANY MONEY on the HUB. His intention has nothing to do with ad revenue, or anything of the sort. After all, I have learned that XBMC'ers are too smart to click ads Wink

His intention, as he has explained to me, is to find creative ways to grow our community... and that is a mobile cause. Mikey1234, I commend you for staying your course through it all. Not sure if I could be as steadfast Wink
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
WT.....?

Is this for real?
Did you even read the thread, have you even spoken to mike and bstrd (we have spoken via pm)

Don't vilify me!

I NEVER prompted this conversation!

1. I asked if I needed a user name and password (for xbmchub) to use the filmon plugin.
They said yes, I said ok, not for me then, keep up the good work though.

2. Then a few others began demanding I shut up and join?

The you make out like its me Big Grin
That's insane logic?

Funnily Enough, after a pm conversation with mike, I did say I'd join! (Reason in the pm)
I'm also honourably keeping quiet about something that HE asked me not to mention. Yet you want to make it out like I was somehow causing an argument. If so, why would mike tell me something so private and understand my point of view?

I won't be joining xbmchub,
I resent the accusation that my simple question was unreasonable. I think you should re-read the thread again and speak to mike and bstrd about the PMs THEY contacted ME about.

I don't want to join the hub, and now I surly won't.
I think this is a good thread/post to keep as its really has made my decision not join look like a very good one!

I ask simply, is a xbmchub username and password required to use the "filmon" plugin? ... fuck me right Big Grin

I fear you may have misread my post. That is okay though Smile. Per your request, I have read the thread from beginning to end and stand by my comment to you... And the community at large. As I said, if xbmchub is not for you... that is a shame, but I am okay with it. It is not i that suffers if users avoid the HUB. At no point did I feel I "vilified" you... and if you feel vilified, i can only say I am sorry you feel that way. It was not my intent.

I stated that you had made your point and we should move on. You followed up by continuing to do exactly what I pointed out you were doing. Wink it is not vilification to point out the content of your posts. Just as you pointed out the content of one of my posts Smile

As I said above:
"You say it's not for you, should you leave it there - no one would have an issue, or another word. Instead you: (simply read your post and insert it here and compare to my other post)"

Oh ... my...

I just sprained my frontal lobe..

They did have issue,
you are doing exactly the same...

I said do I need a password,
Mike said yes..
I said ok... Never mind... End of!

Until!....
Everyone else bitched and is still bitching about my personal dislike of forced registrations Smile
I read it far far different from you lol Big Grin

Speak to mike ..
I'm now biting my tongue as I'm not appreciating this at all Smile

For the record,
Mike, bstrd and cas have all pmd me (positively) and mikes is understanding of my dislike of forcible registration and a further private conversation regarding said issue.

Bstrds was positive and understanding also.

Cas too sent a positive pm (we pull each others pig tails on numerous topics previously, F1 in particular and my hatred for Murdoch and my willingness to pay for F1HD before I got sky go Big Grin )

This was not required at all, i feel you have joined in a discussion you really didn't need to and said some things I take offence to!

You have dampened my opinion of how you view users or members (non members) etc and how you will therefore moderate the hub, it's not a good advert dude!

Edit:
for clarity:
Look back when the piracy announcement was made, I actively supported the hubs creation.
However look at when the hub fucked up and moved on to the ios jailbreak forums and made all of us force registration on that site, even when we had hub accounts and som were not ios users.

I actively argued against the decision to move there, I actively argued against the forced registration!

The site was moved away from the jailbreak forums as many users hated the forced registration etc...

I never re-registered on the new site as the damage was done and lots of "stick it to man" and "free pay per view events" etc posts were all over the sites homepage which are not how it was initially suppose to be!
For what it's worth, I agreed with your opinion on the addon requiring a log in Wink hence I never argued your opinion. I simply pointed out that you were continually speaking very aggressively and argumentatively. A point that you continue to give merit to with your repeated responses to me. Live well... and let's stop the hateful speech. Do what you will and know that at no point have I insulted you, your opinion, or your right to share it.

On the other hand... you have insulted me, my opinion, and my right to share it Smile it is all good man, I really am not trying to fight with you. I said it before, and I say it again... If you are taking offense to this conversation I apologize. it is not my intention... I'm simply joining in a discussion regarding a site I created and devote my time to all day every day, so naturally I have an opinion here. A valid one at that.
Most streams seem to play only for a minute or two then stop automatically. That is a little bit useless.
Could you please fix it?
(2012-09-23, 02:49)ailingcoot Wrote: Most streams seem to play only for a minute or two then stop automatically. That is a little bit useless.
Could you please fix it?

can you give an exact stream so that I can test it here and verify that it is an issue with the plugin... as I haven't had that problem yet.
(2012-09-23, 02:39)Abrasher Wrote: For what it's worth, I agreed with your opinion on the addon requiring a log in Wink hence I never argued your opinion. I simply pointed out that you were continually speaking very aggressively and argumentatively. A point that you continue to give merit to with your repeated responses to me. Live well... and let's stop the hateful speech. Do what you will and know that at no point have I insulted you, your opinion, or your right to share it.

On the other hand... you have insulted me, my opinion, and my right to share it Smile it is all good man, I really am not trying to fight with you. I said it before, and I say it again... If you are taking offense to this conversation I apologize. it is not my intention... I'm simply joining in a discussion regarding a site I created and devote my time to all day every day, so naturally I have an opinion here. A valid one at that.

Hateful speech? ... What hateful speech, that is just another offensive over dramatic lie!

You haven't insulted me? Yes you have, Categorically! I'm offended!

How have i insulted you, your opinion and your right to share it?

In fact... This is exactly (by definition) what you are doing to me right now! By stating that your opinion is "valid" and telling me to keep mine quiet and move on!

You just don't see your own ignorance, this is outrageous... I'm actually hoping this is a wind up as you honestly can't be that messed up, that you can't see your own hideous and offensive contradictions? Is this a wind up?

I'm sorry you feel I have insulted you, but perhaps you should avoid injecting yourself into discussions that don't directly involve you then you wont get upset when you "feel" you have been insulted!

I disagree with hundreds of opinions on here daily, but I avoid posting on them as the only result is an argument! I try to keep my posts positive, full of useful feedback and not offensive! I'm pretty sure most would agree its that!

I have an opinion, i hate forced registrations!
Plus your site is no longer to my taste, or the taste or policy of xbmc and some other members, but ironically this was not ever my issue!

My issue was forced registrations... Something the hub has done before and got a lot of bad rep for!

If you really want to stop the arguing, stop posting! Simple...

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] FilmOn Plugin v1.5 Live TV Sreaming0