Help with XBMC and cutting the cable.
I have been putting together plans to build at inexpensive HTPC running XBMC and think I have it narrowed down to either a A6-3500 or G530 with a discrete GPU. My oringinal purpose was to only stream 1080p material from my NAS and maybe add a BD drive later. I have started considering the posibility of using this as an opportunity to get rid of Directv and saving $130+ a month.
I was hoping this would be a good place to start on information as to including more hardware to act as a DVR, antennas, tuners, anything else I may need to make this a possibility. If nothing else direct me in a good direction of information on these topics. Thanks!
From the research I've done, it looks like people have had the most success with over-the-air TV using MythTV for capturing and recording, and streaming that to XBMC.

HDHomerun boxes seem to have a great reputation as a way to capture video from an antenna.

XBMC does know how to display (but not record) video from HDHomerun devices, but the interface is a bit clunky.
So from what Im understanding here, I need #1 OTA HD antenna #2 digital tuner card for HTPC OR HDHomerun and #3 Software to capture and record the signal which the most popular is mythTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with XBMC and cutting the cable.0