Reverted to default settings
Hello all,

I've woken up to a rather frustrating problem with my media centre. I watched a blu ray last night and all was fine, turned it on this morning to put a film on for my daughter and when XBMC booted up it has reverted back to the default confluence skin with none of my media present.

Is there likely to be anything in the user data folder that i can use to switch it back to my Aeon skin that i'd spent a lot of time getting just so. Any advice would be great as you can all imagine this is incredibly frustrating.

Jon
When XBMC defaults like that, there is usually a corrupt file that is stopping the skin from loading up. If you have any back-ups, now would be the time to pull them up. First check in your XBMC\userdata\Database to see if you have any of your orginal database. Hopefully you've exported to separate files so a rescrape if needed will be a quick local affair...

I guess what I'm trying to say is a re-install of the skin is likely, there is a possibility that some of you user settings will be preserved if it proves out to be a skin anomaly. Saving the userdata file to another place regularly is highly recommended.
(2012-09-16, 18:44)PatK Wrote: When XBMC defaults like that, there is usually a corrupt file that is stopping the skin from loading up. If you have any back-ups, now would be the time to pull them up. First check in your XBMC\userdata\Database to see if you have any of your orginal database. Hopefully you've exported to separate files so a rescrape if needed will be a quick local affair...

I guess what I'm trying to say is a re-install of the skin is likely, there is a possibility that some of you user settings will be preserved if it proves out to be a skin anomaly. Saving the userdata file to another place regularly is highly recommended.

Thanks for that, only took about 10 minutes to put right, much better than expected! I'll get the profile saved this time.

Thanks again
Jon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reverted to default settings0