Win XBMC stuck at loading for 30 seconds
I recently found that Aeon Nox 3.5 had mouse support, and as I had wanted to use this for months, quickly switched to it and spent almost an entire day configuring it. After shutting down, I noticed the next day that it was taking around 30 seconds to actually load into the XBMC Home Screen, and would simply just show the loading symbol in the center of a black screen for a while.

I went through and cleaned up some errors in the logs, but it didn't correct the problem at all. When I enabled debug mode to get a proper log file, it only took 3-4 seconds to load in (tested it numerous times). After turning Debug mode back off, the issue of taking 30 seconds or so to load came back. Here are the log files from the most recent session (debug off).

If anyone can help me resolve this issue, it would be extremely appreciated. It is worth noting that I can just hit Enter to go ahead and bypass the loading and get to the Home Screen, but not something you want to do on a regular basis.

Had to use Pastie as the log file was too long to post here.
http://pastie.org/4730814
Bump?
as far as i know, this is default behaviour in nox.

i'll move this thread to their support forum as people over there will be able to provide more details.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Press any key to continue. I little search would tell you this is because of the scripts running
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-20, 00:39)Martijn Wrote: Press any key to continue. I little search would tell you this is because of the scripts running

correct. although 30 seconds is indeed too long, it should last 10 seconds at maximum, i implemented a timer for that some time ago which looks for system idletime. not sure if that works in all cases (i think havin mouse enabled causes problems) will try to come up with a better solution.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Could be a combination of something else. At least post a Debug Log to see if there is a problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-20, 00:39)Martijn Wrote: Press any key to continue. I little search would tell you this is because of the scripts running

I am well aware, as I mentioned in my first post...

"It is worth noting that I can just hit Enter to go ahead and bypass the loading".

The problem is that 30 seconds is very long. I don't have that much installed, and I removed the scripts which were the most intensive just to try and help the problem. I will go ahead and grab a debug log from that machine shortly and post back here to see if that helps any further. Only reason I didn't include it before is when debug is active, the load time is normal.
(2012-09-20, 12:47)CrimsonGT Wrote:

"It is worth noting that I can just hit Enter to go ahead and bypass the loading".

The problem is that 30 seconds is very long. I don't have that much installed, and I removed the scripts which were the most intensive just to try and help the problem. I will go ahead and grab a debug log from that machine shortly and post back here to see if that helps any further. Only reason I didn't include it before is when debug is active, the load time is normal.

pushed a change to GIT which seems to work well. loading time is set to 10 sec max now.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-09-20, 16:51)phil65 Wrote: pushed a change to GIT which seems to work well. loading time is set to 10 sec max now.

The only script I have running is the latest items one (I even have weather turned off), so my loading time has always been about 3-5 seconds. After the change, it seems like my loading time is now about 10 seconds, but that's ok. Smile

(2012-09-21, 04:57)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2012-09-20, 16:51)phil65 Wrote: pushed a change to GIT which seems to work well. loading time is set to 10 sec max now.

The only script I have running is the latest items one (I even have weather turned off), so my loading time has always been about 3-5 seconds. After the change, it seems like my loading time is now about 10 seconds, but that's ok. Smile

will perhaps fine-tune that for people who do not use custom playlists / watchlist etc.. i just wanted get a solution workin which works reliably the old way by using system.idletime was crap.
Thanks very much Phil! I will go get it installed on my Media Centers right now.

(2012-09-20, 16:51)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-09-20, 12:47)CrimsonGT Wrote:

pushed a change to GIT which seems to work well. loading time is set to 10 sec max now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC stuck at loading for 30 seconds0