• 78(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
(2015-02-28, 11:42)ZmaD Wrote: Sorry, but the osx64 version doesn't work! Maybe because there's a file named "XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr" instead of "Kodi_dvbviewer.pvr" inside?
You're sure you're trying the correct version? Only 1.9.28 is for Helix.
Code:
$ wget -qO- https://manuel.mausz.at/coding/kodi/1.9.28/pvr.dvbviewer-osx64-unknown.zip | bsdtar -tvf- | grep dvbviewer.pvr
-rw-rw-rw-  0 501    20     320348 Feb 19 18:07 pvr.dvbviewer/Kodi_dvbviewer.pvr

(2015-03-02, 16:49)Optimist Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 14:53)Optimist Wrote: Do you mean "Do not show 'no information available' labels --> Hides "no information available" labels when no EPG data could be retrieved for a channel. "
That´s it. Thank you very much!
You're welcome
(2015-02-27, 19:37)manül Wrote: The PVR is only responsible for the TV menu + submenus. If you have added your recordings as external directory, you're on your own.

"Fixed" the problem. When sorting for series in the pvr plugin is enabled, all unknown recordings will be stored in a folder "unknown".
(2015-01-03, 19:04)Uukrul Wrote: There is a problem with Kodi and channel settings if I use the channels mini OSD ('c' key) to switch between channels. For example: tune a channel, change the audio track or the zoom amount and switch to another channel with the channels mini OSD -> the settings for the previous channel are kept.

For anyone interested in a fix for this problem, here is a patch:

Code:
xbmc/pvr/PVRManager.cpp | 2 ++
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/xbmc/pvr/PVRManager.cpp b/xbmc/pvr/PVRManager.cpp
index da6f790..044d7eb 100644
--- a/xbmc/pvr/PVRManager.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/pvr/PVRManager.cpp
@@ -1035,6 +1035,8 @@ bool CPVRManager::OpenLiveStream(const CFileItem &channel)
   if ((bReturn = m_addons->OpenStream(channel.GetPVRChannelInfoTag(), false)) != false)
   {
     CSingleLock lock(m_critSection);
+    g_application.SaveFileState();
+    g_application.LoadVideoSettings(channel);
     if(m_currentFile)
       delete m_currentFile;
     m_currentFile = new CFileItem(channel);
Hi,
is it possible that the DVBViewer addon does not support dynamic PMT-switching?
I checked channel Test-R (ASTRA 19,2° East, 10,744 GHz, horizontal, SR 22000, FEC 5/6), where the TV source switches every 60 s from PHOENIX to ARTE and vice versa.
Did not work for me. PHOENIX is displayed correctly, after the switch to ARTE I get a blank screen.
RS shouldn't be the problem, because a DVBViewer client does work as expected.
I'm pretty sure, that my DVBViewer settings are ok, Auto-Update is checked.
I also tried disabling timeshift, but it makes no difference.
The version of my PVR addon is 1.9.23. Problem exist on windows as well as openelec.
There is demuxing code inside the dvbviewer PVR. The data just gets passed to Kodi which itself will pass it to ffmpeg. So this is either a Kodi or ffmpeg bug.
I have problems with all android clients (Fire TV, Phone, mediacenter boxes etc.) and even with raspberry PI.

Using the addon results in crashes or kodi just hangs during channel change (which is very long anyway) with or without RTSP. Meanwhile I found out, that the Simple IPTV Client works nearly perfect with DVBViewer Recording Service and just the channels.m3u plus IP adress from server. RTSP is crashing too and unfortunately PVR functions are not there (Pause, Timeshift etc.).

Is it possible to integrate the client mode similar to the Simple IPTV Client but with the perfect features from the DVBViewer addon?
(2015-03-09, 20:59)uglyrooster Wrote: I have problems with all android clients (Fire TV, Phone, mediacenter boxes etc.) and even with raspberry PI.

Using the addon results in crashes or kodi just hangs during channel change (which is very long anyway) with or without RTSP. Meanwhile I found out, that the Simple IPTV Client works nearly perfect with DVBViewer Recording Service and just the channels.m3u plus IP adress from server. RTSP is crashing too and unfortunately PVR functions are not there (Pause, Timeshift etc.).

Is it possible to integrate the client mode similar to the Simple IPTV Client but with the perfect features from the DVBViewer addon?
No. I won't add m3u support or add a knob to disable EPG/timers/recordings loading. If EPG loading takes too long you can lower the days in Kodi's settings.
Channel switch is _exactly_ the same if timeshift support is disabled (and RTSP enabled).

We should rather fix the crash. Which version (Kodi + pvr) are you running?
This would be the perfect solution.

I am using 1.30.1.0 in Recording Service and now Kodi 14.2-Beta1 with the newest addon. Problem exists with every other Kodi/XBMC version and addon version too, timeshift is disabled. With RTSP enabled HD channel switch is very slow and Kodi crashes during channel switch very soon. Similar with Simple IPTV client, but NOT without RTSP.

Without RTSP it works slightly better, but crashes after 5-10 channel switches. Simple IPTV works permanently.

Recording Service with other versions show similar problems, ports already changed, different clients checked. The problem probably does not exist in Windows versions of Kodi, I found no similar problems in a forum, but many with android and HD.

Several settings with graphics hardware and software support checked, only differences in picture quality.

Is there a way (debug log) to find out the differences to simple IPTV in channel change?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Got a quick question after I couldn't find this but only read the last few pages + tried to google for it:
Is there any way I can redirect the time shift buffer to any place else than the 'Kodi\userdata\' folder?
Don't want to have the tmeshifting on my SSD but the ramdisk.
Tried to manually edit the location in settings.xml but to no avail.
And also why wouldn't it use the time shift folder as set in dvbviewer? there it seems to work just fine.

Lol manually editing just solved my problem literally seconds after pretty much giving up; "Z:" didn't work but "Z:\" does work.
I think you should have this option to set it this way from within kodi instead of manually editing.
(2015-03-15, 20:57)Woppie Wrote: Got a quick question after I couldn't find this but only read the last few pages + tried to google for it:
Is there any way I can redirect the time shift buffer to any place else than the 'Kodi\userdata\' folder?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:DVBViewer_C...d_Settings
=> Timeshift buffer path

But it looks like Helix changed the path dialog. It's not possible anymore to escape the userdata folder.
My first try was to change it there but I indeed couldn't backspace out of it, I thought this was strange.
Then I tried manually editing the settings to no avail with Z: and Special:// etc etc.
Eventually I succeeded but it shouldn't have been this difficult, only after remembering the additional \ might work it did.
Ah well in the end I got it all working, only the webserver is quirky; it works for the first 15-20 minutes after which only I can open it from the localhost.
Will look into this later sometime but I'm already happy this works, finally after so many years my license is good for something Tongue
At the time I've added support for timeshifting (around Eden/Frodo) it was possible to go back to all your drives, even network shares. But it looks like the logic changed, special://userdata gets set as root directory and you cannot go below that anymore.
Anyway this is a bug, but I right now I don't know of any workaround (except editing the settings.xml...).

Edit: In case you wonder. The dialog logic is inside Kodi's GUI code. My PVR isn't doing any drawing.
Got another addition that may be a nice one;
I'm using a ramdisk so a continuous timeshifting buffer isn't so great, it gets full after 6GB (got 6GB of my 8GB dedicated to a ramdisk).
Maybe the buffer can be cut up in smaller pieces of like 1GB and the last one dropped when there's not enough room for 1 more part.

That's all I can think of for now
I've created a new sticky thread dedicated to frequently asked questions. For unanswered questions please open up a new thread.
This one is closed for good.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12