• 55(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
Uhh, sorry, this one (it's 12.2): http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1526864
Okay thanks I will try it out. If That's really the case that is amazing and meaning that timeshift and fast Channel shift works. I don't know why Anyone else haven't mentioned it but Hope it works
i have a really strange bug
using the latest dvbrecording service 1.28 and latest xbmc 12.3 each time i set a recording from epg it ADDS a day to the day.
so if i wanted to record something today (29.12.13) at 15:00 it would schedule the recording for 30.12.13 at 15:00...really weird!
date and time inside xbmc and my system are both correct so i have no idea where it gets the extra day...
any ideas?
I do not manage to install the pvr addon on frodo 12.3 (android). Chosing the install-from-zip I get the error message is "Add-on does not have the correct structure". Can someone confirm this?

Thanks!

strangerranger
Hallo everybody

I have problems using the plugin in ubuntu 12.04 32-bit. Got this from the log:

09:31:00 T:2758802240 ERROR: Unable to load /home/trabatz/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr, reason: /home/trabatz/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
09:31:00 T:2758802240 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on DVBViewer Client, status = 6
09:31:00 T:2758802240 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on DVBViewer Client, disabling it

I thought it might be something wrong with the version number so I tried to unpack the addon.xml, changed the version numbers in the 4. line to 1.6.10 and repacked it. However it still doesn't work.
Any suggestions?

Btw I'm using your plugin on a rpi and its working just great. Thanks for this

trabatz
(2013-12-31, 10:45)trabatz Wrote: I have problems using the plugin in ubuntu 12.04 32-bit. Got this from the log:

09:31:00 T:2758802240 ERROR: Unable to load /home/trabatz/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr, reason: /home/trabatz/.xbmc/addons/pvr.dvbviewer/XBMC_dvbviewer.pvr: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I thought it might be something wrong with the version number so I tried to unpack the addon.xml, changed the version numbers in the 4. line to 1.6.10 and repacked it. However it still doesn't work.
Any suggestions?
Looks like the 32bit version is actually a 64bit version. I will have a look at my build script and notify you as soon as it's fixed. Sorry for that.
You r quite quick.
Thanks
Hello,

even if I am a big fan of DVBViewer, I recently switched to MP TVServer in order to have TS together with an accettable channel switching time.
I know channel switching with DVBViewer RS is ok, but I wonder if anything changed with regards to the TimeShift.
Is there any possibility that we can have a DVBViewer RS addon for XBMC with a good channel switching time AND Timeshift properly working?

Thank you,
Dakkar
(2013-12-31, 11:30)manül Wrote:
(2013-12-31, 10:45)trabatz Wrote: I have problems using the plugin in ubuntu 12.04 32-bit. Got this from the log:

Any suggestions?
Looks like the 32bit version is actually a 64bit version. I will have a look at my build script and notify you as soon as it's fixed. Sorry for that.
Should be fixed. I've also enhanced my build script (additional to setting up an independent local multilib environment) so this shouldn't happen again.

(2014-01-01, 19:09)Dakkar Wrote: even if I am a big fan of DVBViewer, I recently switched to MP TVServer in order to have TS together with an accettable channel switching time.
I know channel switching with DVBViewer RS is ok, but I wonder if anything changed with regards to the TimeShift.
Is there any possibility that we can have a DVBViewer RS addon for XBMC with a good channel switching time AND Timeshift properly working?
The main reason why channel switching time with timeshift is slow is XBMC (and/or ffmpeg) is closing + opening the transport stream on every channel switch. So instead of issuing SETUP + PLAY + [additional PLAY on every channel switch] + TEARDOWN it's doing sequences of DESCRIBE + SETUP + PLAY + TEARDOWN on every RTSP channel switch. Since I doubt this will/can be changed in XBMC itself the only chance is to write a RTSP intermediate. Until this happens there won't be any significant improvement.
just got my system set up with dvbviewer, recording service, hadu plugin.

Ive managed to get xbmc to talk to dvbviewer so all my channels are in live tv. I can play non=encrypted channels fine, but when i try to view encrypted channels they wont open.

But they open and play fine when using the dvbviewer software and hadu plugin.

Any advice please
Sorry for my late replay.
The 32 bit linux version is now working. Thanks very much.
However I still got awfully long channel switching times (20-30 sec. rtsp enabled) but it seems to be a problem with vdpau and or codecs. I figured out that my graphic card doesn't support vdpau (8800 gts 320Mb) so I switched it off in xbmc but the switching time didn't improve. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to improve the switching time without the hardware acceleration.
(2014-01-06, 08:30)eddymc Wrote: Ive managed to get xbmc to talk to dvbviewer so all my channels are in live tv. I can play non=encrypted channels fine, but when i try to view encrypted channels they wont open.
This hast nothing to do with XBMC or the PVR service. So please ask your question in the dvbviewer forum.

(2014-01-06, 13:22)trabatz Wrote: However I still got awfully long channel switching times (20-30 sec. rtsp enabled) but it seems to be a problem with vdpau and or codecs. I figured out that my graphic card doesn't support vdpau (8800 gts 320Mb) so I switched it off in xbmc but the switching time didn't improve. Now I'm wondering if it's possible to improve the switching time without the hardware acceleration.
On my local system I get the fastest switching time with RTSP + timeshift _disabled_. About 2-5 secs.
(2013-12-29, 15:08)strangerranger Wrote: I do not manage to install the pvr addon on frodo 12.3 (android). Chosing the install-from-zip I get the error message is "Add-on does not have the correct structure". Can someone confirm this?

Thanks!

strangerranger

I have the same problem. With the Frodo build and the nightly build.

I'm using the ARM zip
(2014-01-02, 19:02)manül Wrote:
(2014-01-01, 19:09)Dakkar Wrote: even if I am a big fan of DVBViewer, I recently switched to MP TVServer in order to have TS together with an accettable channel switching time.
The main reason why channel switching time with timeshift is slow is XBMC (and/or ffmpeg) is closing + opening the transport stream on every channel switch. So instead of issuing SETUP + PLAY + [additional PLAY on every channel switch] + TEARDOWN it's doing sequences of DESCRIBE + SETUP + PLAY + TEARDOWN on every RTSP channel switch. Since I doubt this will/can be changed in XBMC itself the only chance is to write a RTSP intermediate. Until this happens there won't be any significant improvement.
Who could be in charge of writing the "RTSP intermediate"?
Who sould we ask to?

Smile

Dakkar
(2014-01-07, 12:05)blaimer Wrote:
(2013-12-29, 15:08)strangerranger Wrote: I do not manage to install the pvr addon on frodo 12.3 (android). Chosing the install-from-zip I get the error message is "Add-on does not have the correct structure". Can someone confirm this?
I have the same problem. With the Frodo build and the nightly build.
I'm using the ARM zip
That's because the ARM build is for the Raspberry Pi as stated on the download site. Android is using different toolchain.
However I've compiled both current versions for android for you guys.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12