• 69(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
Since updating my system to Gotham 13.2 (using latest Openelec 4.1.2) the PVR section does not work for me, when tuning a channel it says "buffering" but nothing happens.

Anyone else experiencing problems?
(2014-07-28, 11:22)sw4y Wrote: Since updating my system to Gotham 13.2 (using latest Openelec 4.1.2) the PVR section does not work for me, when tuning a channel it says "buffering" but nothing happens.

Anyone else experiencing problems?
Just updated my windows machine to 13.2. No issues here.
Thank you - seems to be Openelec related!
Hi manül,

Does timeshift buffer file grows indefinitely? I've been looking at it and it consumes around 1GB per hour on an SD channel.

And it apparently doesn't clear the file when we switch channel. Is this the intended behaviour?

BR,

hudo
(2014-08-01, 18:11)hudo Wrote: Does timeshift buffer file grows indefinitely? I've been looking at it and it consumes around 1GB per hour on an SD channel.

And it apparently doesn't clear the file when we switch channel. Is this the intended behaviour?
The bufferfile will be truncated on every channel change.
Hi Manül,
I want to get pictures shown instead of channel icon if available. For this it would be great if your plugin could support an additional json or xml with picture info ( channelname, start date , start time and url of pic).
Is there a chance to implement that add to your plugin?
Thx
Hi all,

I'm using Gotham 13.2 RC1 on Windows 8.1 with latest dvbviewer. Although dvbviewer shows the full EPG program description, under xbmc it does not show program description but just program tech info (e.g. one line with codec info, number of audio channels etc).

I raised this bug on xbmc trac (#15390) but they are certain it is a defect in the addon.

Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers
Hello everyone,

I have a tbs6982 dual tuner card, it works flawlessly within dvbviewer for watching at recording simultaneously. I'm using Dvbviewer 5.3.1 pro, recording service 1.29.0.0 and XBMC 13.2

I much prefer the XBMC user interface so I configured recording service so I can watch tv within XBMC using Dvbviewer client addon. My problem is.. if I am watching a channel and I then decide to record that channel, if I then change to a different channel it won't tune causing XBMC to semi lock up. I can only watch or record as if I'm using a single tuner. Does anyone know why this is happening? Can recording service not access both tuners?

Also.. another issue, sometimes when I click to record a programme it doesn't register within xbmc, there is no recording icon on the channel, nothing pops up saying recording has started, no option to stop recording. However, if I hover over the recording service icon in the taskbar it will say 1 timer active. If I then press record on the same channel again it will then say 2 timers active in the recording service icon, but xbmc still doesn't register it, therefore there is no way to stop these timers without opening dvbviewer then deleting them that way.

I really don't want to have to change back to using dvbviewer over these issues with XBMC.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated
(2014-08-11, 16:08)Blacky Wrote: Is there a chance to implement that add to your plugin?
No

(2014-08-18, 10:44)ep0ch Wrote: I'm using Gotham 13.2 RC1 on Windows 8.1 with latest dvbviewer. Although dvbviewer shows the full EPG program description, under xbmc it does not show program description but just program tech info (e.g. one line with codec info, number of audio channels etc).

I raised this bug on xbmc trac (#15390) but they are certain it is a defect in the addon.
I'm using 13.2 since 07/29. No issues. EPG is working fine.
My guess is you've changed something in the XBMC settings or your profile is broken.

(2014-08-20, 02:36)fuzzyduck007 Wrote: I have a tbs6982 dual tuner card, it works flawlessly within dvbviewer for watching at recording simultaneously. I'm using Dvbviewer 5.3.1 pro, recording service 1.29.0.0 and XBMC 13.2

I much prefer the XBMC user interface so I configured recording service so I can watch tv within XBMC using Dvbviewer client addon. My problem is.. if I am watching a channel and I then decide to record that channel, if I then change to a different channel it won't tune causing XBMC to semi lock up. I can only watch or record as if I'm using a single tuner. Does anyone know why this is happening? Can recording service not access both tuners?
Sure, have a dual card here. Make sure you've activated both tuners in the RS service. If you still can't solve this, please ask for help in the DVBViewer forums.

(2014-08-20, 02:36)fuzzyduck007 Wrote: Also.. another issue, sometimes when I click to record a programme it doesn't register within xbmc, there is no recording icon on the channel, nothing pops up saying recording has started, no option to stop recording. However, if I hover over the recording service icon in the taskbar it will say 1 timer active. If I then press record on the same channel again it will then say 2 timers active in the recording service icon, but xbmc still doesn't register it, therefore there is no way to stop these timers without opening dvbviewer then deleting them that way.
Make sure RS and XBMC/Kodi are using the same timezone. Also make sure you're running the latest PVR (1.9.15, also shipped with Gotham 13.2). This includes a timezone fix.
Quote:'m using 13.2 since 07/29. No issues. EPG is working fine.
My guess is you've changed something in the XBMC settings or your profile is broken.

Thank you for your reply. I have uninstalled xbmc and removed the user profiles directory based on your suggestion. I have them reinstalled 13.2. This problem still exists. I do not get program descriptions. Just technical info. If a station is not airing any program I do get the channel info though.

Screens

(2014-08-21, 23:07)ep0ch Wrote: This problem still exists. I do not get program descriptions. Just technical info. If a station is not airing any program I do get the channel info though.

Screens

The PVR is doing the following (see https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addo...a.cpp#L212):
* copy title ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strTitle
* copy event ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline
* copy description ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlot
* If XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline is empty, duplicate XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlot ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline

So your main problem is your EPG sends the description in the event tag, which is copied into EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline which afaik is not displayed in the default XBMC PVR skin. You can try to edit addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml + addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsPVR.xml and replace $INFO[ListItem.Plot] with $INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]. I can't remember the exact positions you have to replace, just try to play with the skin or use another one.

Also I'm not able to simply concatenate the two fields as the recording UI *is* showing strPlotOutline + strPlot in separate fields. So the information would be duplicated.

Edit: I might add an advanced setting, which prepends the strPlotOutline for the EPG only though.
(2014-08-22, 00:23)manül Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 23:07)ep0ch Wrote: This problem still exists. I do not get program descriptions. Just technical info. If a station is not airing any program I do get the channel info though.

Screens

The PVR is doing the following (see https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addo...a.cpp#L212):
* copy title ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strTitle
* copy event ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline
* copy description ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlot
* If XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline is empty, duplicate XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlot ==> XBMC.EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline

So your main problem is your EPG sends the description in the event tag, which is copied into EPG_TAG.strPlotOutline which afaik is not displayed in the default XBMC PVR skin. You can try to edit addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogPVRGuideInfo.xml + addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsPVR.xml and replace $INFO[ListItem.Plot] with $INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]. I can't remember the exact positions you have to replace, just try to play with the skin or use another one.

Also I'm not able to simply concatenate the two fields as the recording UI *is* showing strPlotOutline + strPlot in separate fields. So the information would be duplicated.

Edit: I might add an advanced setting, which prepends the strPlotOutline for the EPG only though.

Thanks, probably worth me mentioning that I used to use NextPVR and that was fine in this regard. Also if you decide to add the advanced setting i am more than happy to test.
I've got the missing programme (synopsis) information too. I've had it for some time and can cofirm it's on Openelec and Windows platforms. Timers show up ok on all platforms.

I created a forum query on Openelec about the issue a while back.

http://openelec.tv/forum/71-pvr-live-tv/...nce-gotham

A fresh install of XBMC 13.2 on WIndows has the fault whereas previous versions didn't. I can also now confirm Kodi Alpha 2 build has the fault.

I realise that it's a skin issue now. The release of Gotham broke this on Openelec and the latest Windows builds of XBMC now have this too.

I've managed to enable Samba to give me access to the addon/skin folders on Openelec but currently been unable to save due to permissions issues though. I should be able to change the XML in Windows more easily.

It's not a showstopper for us, everything else has improved so much over the years and I do appreciate all the efforts of the team who created it.
I'm just experimenting with this atm, DVBViewer web client has (reruns) which tries to grab recordings in a sort of series link. Is this possible in any way on xbmc? I'm very new to xbmc so sorry if this has been asked/addressed before....
Has anyone used one of the recent nightlies?
On windows my channel list has gone completely screwy and resetting the pvr in settings just disables DVBviewer.

I'm back to using 13th Sep, which is fine I guess!
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12