• 34(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
(2013-03-10, 22:20)quickbluehorse Wrote: @Waka
I had to update recording service to the latest version.
after that I dumped all my old favorites
I made a complete rescan for channels - don´t know, if dvbviewer saved them previously in 32 or 64 bit scheme - just wanted to make sure
after that I made a small favorites list from the freshly scanned/updated overall channel list
I reset the xbmc PVR database.
I am also telling xbmc to use the channel settings of the backend.
After that all was well. the new favs was read correctly, including ARTE
Radio channels are not read so far - but this is a minor problem - first things first - get TV working with DVB Server is a real great thing!

Thanks for the reply quickbluehorse Cool
I had done most of that already (apart from telling xbmc to use the channel numbers from the backend).
XBMC seems finally to working better- although if I press 'e' (or use epg tab on the newer builds) to get the full epg/channel timeline, I still get a bunch of missing channels. They are visible when i get the full channel list (press the 'TV symbol' when viewing a channel).

@Portisch/manül thank you very much for your continued and valuable work on this plugin. Smile Are you both working (from a central repository?) with A600 to get your changes incorporated into the nightly builds? I notice that the nightly build i am using from a couple of days ago has 1.7.5 as the version of the dvbviewer plugin builtin.
(2013-03-13, 12:27)h3llsp4wn Wrote: any1 of you included the changes regarding the ffmpeg handling (channel switching times). I guess currently all of the pvr plugins suffer from
bad channel switching times (at least compared to dvbviewer). Do you know whether they are already included in the nightlies?

I guess for most of us this is the real show stopper (wife factor) to use XBMC as a single front-end for everything.
No, I havn't. But yes, channel switching time is bad, especially with timeshift enabled. Instead we (including my girlfriend) are using the epg timeline. So for us, timeshift wins over fast zapping time. and zapping through about 90 channels is probably a bad idea anyway.

(2013-03-13, 14:19)Waka Wrote: @Portisch/manül thank you very much for your continued and valuable work on this plugin. Smile Are you both working (from a central repository?) with A600 to get your changes incorporated into the nightly builds? I notice that the nightly build i am using from a couple of days ago has 1.7.5 as the version of the dvbviewer plugin builtin.
Looks like A600 isn't active anymore. But yes, my initial work was based on his repo. A few days ago I rebased on xbmc upstream.
pvr.dvbviewer v1.7.5 doesn't contain any new features. The version number was pushed by the xbmc team because they added new addon interface methods, requiring a ABI change. I'll compile my plugin for XBMC nightly for you (v 1.7.6).

Update: Added to download section in my initial post.
(2013-03-13, 14:15)manül Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 12:44)sw4y Wrote: Could you provide a addon-version for raspbmc users?

If I install the 32bit Linux version I just get the message "the plugin can not be loaded"...
Sure you'll get that. 32bit linux is x86, raspberry is arm architecture. I'll try to setup a cross compile environment on one of my servers now. I'm not sure how long this will take so if I can't finish it today I'll look into this next week again.
Added to the download section in my initial post. Please give feedback if it loads (and works) Smile
I can confirm Timeshift is working for me which is absolutely excellent news, but sadly the switching channel time exploded, so if we can do something about the switching time it will be perfect.

Thanks for the hard work!!
(2013-03-13, 15:59)manül Wrote: Added to the download section in my initial post. Please give feedback if it loads (and works) Smile

Hey Manül,

thank you for your fast response!

Unfortunately the addon does not load.
I can install it but when I try to activate it, it says

"an unknown error occured - the addon can not be loaded"

any advice?
(2013-03-13, 17:23)sw4y Wrote: "an unknown error occured - the addon can not be loaded"

any advice?
Not for the moment. Did setup a cross toolchain environment using crosstool-ng and compiled for arm. No idea why it's not working but will look into this in the middle of next week.
(2013-03-13, 17:33)manül Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 17:23)sw4y Wrote: "an unknown error occured - the addon can not be loaded"

any advice?
Not for the moment. Did setup a cross toolchain environment using crosstool-ng and compiled for arm. No idea why it's not working but will look into this in the middle of next week.

Thank you manül! I appreciate that!
Glad some talented people have kept this alive.

I currently have channel switch times of between 1 and 3 seconds which is helping with the waf.

If this changes i wont be able to convince the other half to use it.

With the new changes will we have a switch in settings to turn on/off the new pause/timeshift features so i can still keep the quicker channel switching but still benefit from the new development?
(2013-03-13, 14:23)manül Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 12:27)h3llsp4wn Wrote: any1 of you included the changes regarding the ffmpeg handling (channel switching times). I guess currently all of the pvr plugins suffer from
bad channel switching times (at least compared to dvbviewer). Do you know whether they are already included in the nightlies?

I guess for most of us this is the real show stopper (wife factor) to use XBMC as a single front-end for everything.
No, I havn't. But yes, channel switching time is bad, especially with timeshift enabled. Instead we (including my girlfriend) are using the epg timeline. So for us, timeshift wins over fast zapping time. and zapping through about 90 channels is probably a bad idea anyway.
It is unfortunate that the transition between the channels is very long.
Personally, I use a lot of numbers of channels directly with the remote control. When I use a program broadcast in a same hour every days, I don't use the EPG.
However, very good work on this plugin and thank you to support it Wink
French Kodi translator on Weblate
Great work manul!
The new DVBViewer Recording Service 1.25.0.0 is now available!
http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/1962...ntry384727

Here is the addon what got improved in cooperation with the DVBViewer team.

Source is also included. So feel free to use this as template for future versions.
I can't compile it for other platforms because I don't know how.
So maybe somebody else can do this.

Addon changes
Quote:A lot...
Speed improvement on reading channels/favorites
Bugfix on channel id 32/64 bit
Speed improvement on reading EPG
Speed improvement on reading recordings
Only RS Webinterface access (IP, port, username, pass) is needed
RTSP (SAT>IP) option (default is UPnP)

Also I am not able to check in the source to github.

EDIT: Download deleted!

But the long channel switching time is releated to ffmpeg. If you check the XBMC log you will see that the parsing of the stream takes around 5 seconds. If this will be fixed channel switching time should decrease to 1-2 senconds as the normal DVBViewer Pro client.
Great work portisch!

Thank you!
I updated the source to the actual pvr api.

Now it is necessary to use one of the latest nightlies (19.03.2013 or later)

Download:
RS Addon 1.7.6 Win32 with source
Lightbulb 
Hi,

On my Win XP System there is running DVBViewer 5.0 /RS 1.2.5 and XBMC Frodo 12.1. Installed is pvr.dvbviewer addon 1.6.5 from A600.
Now I want update to the actually version 1.7.5 or 1.7.6 but I have problemes to do that:

- inside from XBMC it can not be installed (unzip) because it gives me an error "wrong structure..."
- if it is unzip from outside and copied to XBMC Addon Folder ( overwrite existing pvr.dvbviewer 1.6.5 addon) it shows me an error in XBMC " plugin cannot be loaded read logs"

please tell me the right way how to update this addon, please.

Best Regards
Harald
(2013-03-19, 20:52)Haraldpeter Wrote: Hi,

On my Win XP System there is running DVBViewer 5.0 /RS 1.2.5 and XBMC Frodo 12.1. Installed is pvr.dvbviewer addon 1.6.5 from A600.
Now I want update to the actually version 1.7.5 or 1.7.6 but I have problemes to do that:

- inside from XBMC it can not be installed (unzip) because it gives me an error "wrong structure..."
- if it is unzip from outside and copied to XBMC Addon Folder ( overwrite existing pvr.dvbviewer 1.6.5 addon) it shows me an error in XBMC " plugin cannot be loaded read logs"

please tell me the right way how to update this addon, please.

Best Regards
Harald

Same error for me...

my logs:

20:25:56 T:4612 NOTICE: initialize done
20:25:56 T:4724 NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
20:25:56 T:4724 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
20:25:56 T:4732 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
20:25:56 T:4728 NOTICE: Thread EPG updater start, auto delete: false
20:25:56 T:4612 NOTICE: Running the application...
20:25:56 T:4736 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false
20:25:56 T:4612 NOTICE: ES: Starting event server
20:25:56 T:4740 NOTICE: Thread CEventServer start, auto delete: false
20:25:56 T:4740 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
20:25:56 T:4740 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
20:25:56 T:4744 NOTICE: Thread CTCPServer start, auto delete: false
20:25:56 T:4748 NOTICE: Thread CRssReader start, auto delete: false
20:25:59 T:4772 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:26:06 T:4724 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
20:26:06 T:4724 NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
20:26:06 T:4724 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
20:26:06 T:4808 NOTICE: Thread EPG updater start, auto delete: false
20:26:06 T:4812 NOTICE: Thread PVR manager start, auto delete: false
20:26:06 T:4816 NOTICE: Thread PVR add-on updater start, auto delete: false
20:26:06 T:4820 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
20:26:06 T:4816 ERROR: ADDON: Dll DVBViewer Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
20:26:06 T:4816 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on DVBViewer Client, status = 6
20:26:06 T:4816 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on DVBViewer Client, disabling it
20:26:06 T:4824 NOTICE: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.dvbviewer start, auto delete: true
20:26:10 T:4612 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
20:26:10 T:4612 NOTICE: Saving settings
20:26:10 T:4612 NOTICE: stop all
20:26:10 T:4612 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
20:26:10 T:4612 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
20:26:10 T:4612 NOTICE: stopping zeroconf publishing
20:26:11 T:4740 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
20:26:11 T:4612 NOTICE: stop sap announcement listener
20:26:11 T:4612 NOTICE: clean cached files!
20:26:11 T:4612 NOTICE: unload skin
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12