TMDB - Keep original Title not working (fixed)
Running latest nightly (14th) on openelec on RBPi, Dutch XBMC interface, keep original title set in the add-on config screen, scrape "komt een vrouw bij de dokter" still puts the English title in the movie library

(P.S even when the add-on preferred language for TMDB are set to NL it doesn't work, but i'd like to keep the english plot, but the original title)

EDIT:

Setting for the add-on can be set under System - Add-on (set your defaults there) and under the source of your movies, they are independent so check both if you run into this.
works for me
(2012-09-16, 16:45)olympia Wrote: works for me

Well here it doesn't, lol
Which settings do you use?

Before I start digging, does the debug log provide enough detail about data being entered into the database ?
Debug log always helps
Debug log of refreshing the movie information (deleting and letting it find again doesnt help either)

http://pastebin.com/Ud305XwU
where do you set the settings for tmdb scraper?
(2012-09-16, 17:31)olympia Wrote: where do you set the settings for tmdb scraper?

System -Settings- Addons - enabled addons - movie information. TMDB scraper (3.4.0) configure - general

how about setting it on the specific source which overwrites the default addon setting you set there?
(2012-09-16, 17:43)olympia Wrote: how about setting it on the specific source which overwrites the default addon setting you set there?

*ding ding ding* we have a winner, indeed the option wasn't set there and now it works.

thanks !

(was this by design btw? in other words when are these settings used from the system - addon section ?)
yep, was always like that. You can set default settings for a scraper addon, but the settings for scraping are coming from the source. The defaults you set in systems/settings are there only to help setting up new sources with your preferred settings.
(2012-09-16, 17:59)olympia Wrote: yep, was always like that. You can set default settings for a scraper addon, but the settings for scraping are coming from the source. The defaults you set in systems/settings are there only to help setting up new sources with your preferred settings.

Thanks, makes sense, I bumped into this as this is the first time in many years I'm cleaning my library and setting correct names (boring sunday work...lol)

(2012-09-16, 17:43)olympia Wrote: how about setting it on the specific source which overwrites the default addon setting you set there?

I'm having the opposite problem. I had both themoviedb & the universal scraper configs set to keep original titles, and I then changed them both to English. But both scrapers keep pulling up the original non-english titles. This happens with refreshing, and even after removing the movie from the library and rescraping.

So where is this setting on the "specific source", which you say over-rides the default addon settings??  (please be as specific as possible, I have looked.)  ×
(2020-05-02, 05:15)ctawn Wrote: So where is this setting on the "specific source",
Images 9a and 9b here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
Click "Settings" to access the scraper settings for the Source.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-02, 05:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-05-02, 05:15)ctawn Wrote: So where is this setting on the "specific source",
Images 9a and 9b here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
Click "Settings" to access the scraper settings for the Source. 

OMG, thx. As you know I've been running into a bunch of issues in taking this "COVID chance" to update my library.  And this question was the stupidest yet.  In all my years of using XBMC/Kodi, I'd never noticed that dialog had settings. I thought that line that clearly says "Settings" just referred to the scanning options below it!  But thanks, that resolves the issue!

Note that it's not enough to change the content on the source and then refresh. You have to remove the item from the library first and then do that.  That's a bit of a PIA for a few dozen items, but can do.  

I would love to see the manual "refresh" option in a movie's information just bring up the original "Set Content" window so you can make that and other changes directly from the library!

It would also be great to have some per-movie options once in the library, like just changing the title language from the "Edit Title" CM option.  But I understand implementation of that would be hard cuz only one title is kept apparently when the movie is scraped? Is that correct?  ×
(2020-05-02, 10:31)ctawn Wrote: But I understand implementation of that would be hard cuz only one title is kept apparently when the movie is scraped? Is that correct?  ×
Yes that is correct. The scraper only scrapes in the language you set, and the sites don't return multiple languages in one scrape. Each language is a separate scrape.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB - Keep original Title not working (fixed)0